New iPhone XS Max "not eligible for swap"

Enthusiast

New iPhone XS Max "not eligible for swap"

Hi, I just purchased a brand new unlocked iPhone XS Max from the Apple Store. I put my current Boost SIM in, got the "SIM is locked" message, and tried to activate the new device using the IMEI on your website. I got the "This device is not eligible for swap" message. I tried calling your customer service number, and for some reason they forwarded me to Apple Care, who told me that this is a carrier issue. HELP????

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: New iPhone XS Max "not eligible for swap"

Hi there, @ruby8380! Did you call 888-266-7848 to get the phone’s compatible SIM card?

Enthusiast

I didn't - do I need to do that or can you help me with that here? My old phone was an iPhone 6S Plus.

Agent

You will need to call to get assistance with the SIM card. 

Enthusiast

I called the number and I'm getting conflicting information. I was told that they can't help me over the phone and I would need to visit a Boost store. Is there something specific I need to tell the customer care rep on the phone to get them to send me a new SIM?

Agent

If they told you that you will need to visit a Boost Mobile store, the SIM card for that device is currently out of stock. We recommend contacting your nearest Boost Mobile store for assistance. 

Enthusiast

I got a hold of another rep on the phone who was able to send me an updated SIM card, but told me that I would still need to call back to activate the phone. I’m not looking to add another line, just to use my new phone using my current number. Would I be able to do that online or should I still call the service number? Thanks for all your help thus far.
Agent

Hi, ruby8380! Unfortunately, you'll need to contact customer service to get the SIM card activated. You can either call 1-888-266-7848, or send us a Private Message and will be able to assist you as well.