Turned on and updated software

Went to Boost.com ....

Activate new phone

existing customer

entered IMEI

entered expanded SIM card number

pop up for firmware needs to be upgraded..but no prompts on how to do it

Hit Swap Device..

And it tells me that there is a problem...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Victor21 at Boost helped resolve the issue.

The problem:
Old Samsung S7 is only on Sprint Nationwide network and have Boost plan for Sprint Nationwide network.

Purchased Iphone 11 through Boost website while signed in. Iphone 11 is on the expanded network.

At time of on-line purchase there was no option to switch my plan to the expanded network because the Samsung was still active and NOT compatible for expanded network.

So, when trying to activate the Iphone (expanded network) there was no connection to the expanded network because my phone number and plan were for Sprint nationwide (Samsung S7).

Solution is that when switching phones and one is Sprint nationwide compatible and other is Expanded Network.....you need a person at Boost to get into your account to switch plans.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday - Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

We are here to help! Did you connect the phone to WiFi when it asked for the firmware update?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes. The software updates were done on wifi.

There has not been a specific prompt for a firmware update on the phone and there is nothing in general/settings for firmware updates.

Highlighted

We understand. Please try again turning off and on the phone with SIM card already inserted. Please tell us if you get again the pop up for "firmware needs to be upgraded".

Highlighted
Accomplice

Iphone was shutdown and restarted with sim card installed.

Went through the same process to swap/activate phones and still have the same results. 

We still get a pop up that says firmware may need upgrade.

The final screen on the boost mobile webpage still says "something went wrong"

Highlighted
Agent

When you get the update notification pop up, do you get an option to continue? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

yes.

We hit continue and then it takes us to a page to review the swap from samsung to iphone. When we hit the final prompt to swap that when we see the something went wrong notification.

The iphone is not "seeing" any boost network. The Samsung still sees a boost network.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and IMEI number of the new phone. A private message please. victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Victor21 at Boost helped resolve the issue.

The problem:
Old Samsung S7 is only on Sprint Nationwide network and have Boost plan for Sprint Nationwide network.

Purchased Iphone 11 through Boost website while signed in. Iphone 11 is on the expanded network.

At time of on-line purchase there was no option to switch my plan to the expanded network because the Samsung was still active and NOT compatible for expanded network.

So, when trying to activate the Iphone (expanded network) there was no connection to the expanded network because my phone number and plan were for Sprint nationwide (Samsung S7).

Solution is that when switching phones and one is Sprint nationwide compatible and other is Expanded Network.....you need a person at Boost to get into your account to switch plans.

View solution in original post