My son pre-ordered an iphone 7 through Sprint. Can he activate it through Boost Mobile?

Go to solution
BK

My son pre-ordered an iphone 7 through Sprint. Can he activate it through Boost Mobile?

My son pre-ordered an iphone 7 through Sprint. I want him to activate it through Boost Mobile? Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: My son pre-ordered an iphone 7 through Sprint. Can he activate it through Boost Mobile?

Unfortunately no, Boost does allow some Sprint phones to be activated, but the iPhone 7 isn't currently one of them. Down the road sometime it will be able to be used through Boost, but that won't be for awhile. Right now only the Sprint iPhone 6 and 6+ can be activated through Boost
3 REPLIES 3
Accomplice

Re: My son pre-ordered an iphone 7 through Sprint. Can he activate it through Boost Mobile?

Unfortunately no, Boost does allow some Sprint phones to be activated, but the iPhone 7 isn't currently one of them. Down the road sometime it will be able to be used through Boost, but that won't be for awhile. Right now only the Sprint iPhone 6 and 6+ can be activated through Boost

Hello BK,
Im sorry to say the iphone 7 or 7plus from sprint will not be able to be converted to boost mobile even dough it's a sprint device. There are some phones that you can buy from sprint and change into boost but not the newer ones. I myself have a note 3 witch was originally sprint but is now boost mobile. But honestly it just depends on the IMEI you can call boost and give them that info and they will see if it's compatible for boost. If you like you can wait alil longer and get the phone from boost. Boost mobile usually get these phone a month or so down the road. Also just in case you didn't know after a year with boost mobile they can unlock your phone for free so u can then change companies if you wish too. Hope this help have a good one 😉
Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless

No they do not have the chip to acitivate it on the boost netwrok, I literally called boost about it because my phone quit working like 3 weeks ago and i've been trying to wait but not sure i'm going to be able if not soon!