Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurbished"

Highlighted
Accomplice

Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurbished"

I have been trying for a month to get a refund for a defective phone that was sent to me as "refurbished. The same day I received it I realized something was seriously wrong with the rear camera. It mad a loud mechanical noise and the image vibrated violently. No one inspected this phone before shipping. No way they would have missed this, I am sure they work of a basic checklist to make sure the phone is operational. They knowingly sent me a defective phone.

This though was the least of my troubles. I said no problem boost has a 90 day warranty on these used phones. Well guess what boost does not warranty the phone, that was done by some third party. Geuss what they said when I called them? This phone that I just bought was NOT under warranty. Very interesting.

Called boost they told me even though, I just bought the phone I had to go to an apple store and have them fix it. I went to Apple store thinking they have some kind of warranty through boost. No I would have to pay more than the iphone costs for apple to fix it. Back to boost I go.

I eventually talk to a supervisor that ages to do a return, great I send the phone in. A couple weeks later I called and said hey you received the broken phone weeks ago. Where is my refund? I was told the return was accepted and I would get a refund tomorrow. Great. Did not happen. Called again spoke to supervisor, was told 8-10 days for a refund business days he says. Also not true. If you look at boosts website it says 8 weeks for a refund!!

Talked to my bank, I have to report fraudulent charges within 30 days. I plan on doing so. When I bought the refurbished phone  I though, oh they will at least send me one that works. Maybe it might have some scratches or whatever, no problem. Nope bad phone and I am not the only one. Also once again warranty not honored, failure to refund after they have received the defective phone back buyer beware.

I am sure boost will say please message us so we can take care of you. I will get my money back through my bank but why does boost operate like this? Been a customer for years, take your broken phone back you tried to pawn off on me and refund the money.      

4 REPLIES 4
Accomplice

Re: Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurb

Omg! Im having the same problem with my iphone. They’re selling defective phones! It’s not right!!
Agent

Re: Multiple people have recieved defective iphones from boost that were supposed to be "refurb

Hello, @Jacqui. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry to know you're having issues with the phone. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Accomplice

How do i send a private message
Agent

Hi there, Jacqui. To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".