Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Mobile hotspot on iPhone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Mobile hotspot on iPhone

I purchased hotspot time last night but have not received functionality on my phone yet. When and how is that triggered?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Mobile hotspot on iPhone

Charlotte was able to get the activation processed! 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Hello! We are sorry to know that you are having this issue. We’ll be happy to help you. Which type of iPhone do you have?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you!

I just got an iPhone SE from virgin. I have previously used an iPhone 5s from MetroPCS and the hotspot was always visible from the first day.

I found the response that said once you buy your data packet, the ability to use it, the hotspot button, will show up on the phone automatically. At this point it's still not there. I've rebooted the phone twice. Is there anything else I need to try?
Highlighted
Agent

Good morning dhawktx,  try steps below to setup the hotspot on your phone.

Set Up as a Wi-Fi Hotspot

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.

Note: A Mobile Hotspot plan is required in order to use this device as a mobile hotspot.

2. Tap Cellular.

3. Tap Personal Hotspot.

Note: If the Mobile Hotspot feature is not currently active on the account, the Personal Hotspot option may not appear on the device. Follow any prompts to add the Mobile Hotspot feature.

4. Tap the Personal Hotspot switch to enable it.

Note: If prompted to turn on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, tap an option.

5. Tap Wi-Fi Password.

6. Enter a password, then tap Done.

7. The personal hotspot is now active allowing other devices to connect via Wi-Fi.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Good morning!
I'm unsure of what I need to do in order to proceed. I purchased hotspot time. Is there any other thing I need to do to trigger the hotspot functionality on my phone?

I've gone through the online menu again and there are no other options than what I've already done.
Highlighted
Agent

Did you the steps above? Also provide us with your phone number and Pin so we can check the account and make sure the Hotspot pack is on the account.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'd rather not put my pin out in public. Is there someone I can PM?

I have done All The Things. Multiple times.

I did All The Things even before you suggested them.

I have also gone to my account and verifited that Hotspot has been added to my recurring purchases.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Agent

Please  PM me with the information.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Charlotte was able to get the activation processed! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

I was having the same issue after purchasing a personal hotspot for my iPhone 6s. I was able to solve the problem by updating my data profile. In the Phone app, the code to update data profile is ##873283#. The code or option will be different for different devices. If you follow the link to devicehelp.virginmobileusa.com and find your device, your specific code or steps to take will be under 'managing device connectivity' for your specific device. Hope this helps people stumbling onto this forum.