Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Locked phone

Highlighted

Locked phone

How do you unlock a phone so it can be transferred to another carrier? I have one that needs to be unlocked but I don’t know how.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Locked phone

Hello, Arturo_t16. Thanks for stopping by. We'll be happy to help. There are some requirements to unlock a device:

-The device has not been reported as lost or stolen.
-The device has been active for at least 12 months.
-The device must be powered on and in Sprint coverage with the original SIM card inserted.

If it complies with this requirements, we'll need to create a case to escalate the request. To further research, please send us the last phone number and PIN associated to the phone. 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted

I've a locked phone that I used when I was using Boost, but due to really bad service coverage I was forced to switch carriers after only about four months. I understand a requirement to unlock a phone is to have had it in an active account for at least 12 months, but is there a way to unlock the phone without going back to Boost for another eight months or something? 

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @aarreolatorres! Unfortunately, there's no other way. The device must be active with our company for a minimum of 12 months (alongside with other requirements) in order to be eligible for unlock. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Highlighted

So if I were to return to Boost using that phone, would I have to stay for 12 months at once, or would it just add on to the time I had the account active? And is returning to Boost with that phone even a possibility for unlocking?

Highlighted

Hey there, aarreolatorres! The requirement is for 12 consecutive months active without any interruptions.