Loaner Iphone 6 from apple wont read my SIM card (shows as Locked or Invalid)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

Loaner Iphone 6 from apple wont read my SIM card (shows as Locked or Invalid)

Please help.  I cannot call bc this is my only phone.  My phone froze completly and I took it to apple last night. They sent it in for repairs and gave ma a loaner.  However, it is not allowing me to make calls.  I have an image of the Serial # and I can give my phone in a private message.  Please help. I have serious medical needs that require that I have a functioning phone to call for help.  It says SIM locked or SIM Invalid.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Not applicable

Asilver7x7,

I'm not with Virgin Mobile, but if it were me I would go back to the Apple store and have them contact Virgin Mobile to activate the loaner phone they gave you.  

Did you try logging on to your Virgin Mobile account and try the "swap my device" link?

Could you borrow a friends phone and call Virgin Mobile to see if they can activate the loaner phone you have?

If you have internet access you could sign up for a Google Voice number and use your computer to call Virgin Mobile customer service or any other US number that you need to call.  

Shenandoah

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Not applicable

Asilver7x7,

I'm not with Virgin Mobile, but if it were me I would go back to the Apple store and have them contact Virgin Mobile to activate the loaner phone they gave you.  

Did you try logging on to your Virgin Mobile account and try the "swap my device" link?

Could you borrow a friends phone and call Virgin Mobile to see if they can activate the loaner phone you have?

If you have internet access you could sign up for a Google Voice number and use your computer to call Virgin Mobile customer service or any other US number that you need to call.  

Shenandoah

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Apple said to talk to Virgin.  Virgin in Facebook mesanger said to post here and wait for a rep to see it.  No, new in my area, I dont have a phone to borrow.  I will try the google voice.  Ty

Highlighted
Agent

Good day @ASilver7x7 We'll be more than happy to assist you! Please, private message with your phone number and PIN for better assistance.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.