Is BYOD eligibility checker broken?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Is BYOD eligibility checker broken?

Hi there,

I've confirmed that my wife's phone, an iPhone 7, is indeed unlocked and ready to bring to Virgin. She has it on ATT and I've confirmed on Tello that it's ready to go, but it fails eligibility on the checker.

Really want to transfer her over to the $1 inner circle like I'm on.

Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Sirjack. Sorry for the late response. Can you send me a Private Message with the IMEI and model of the device? I would like to check this out for you.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Not applicable

I personally think it's broken; virgin disagrees and argues. I've posted about it here and many others have. Maybe if enough people complain they'll look into it instead of just insisting people's phones aren't eligible.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Can anyone at Virgin Mobile help here? We literally bought this iPhone 3 months ago at Apple as a SIM free phone.
Highlighted

Hi, @Sirjack  Can you private message us your phone # so we can investigate further?.

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do I do that?
Highlighted
Accomplice

I figured it out.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Right, so I private messaged the person here and no response at all.

Can anyone help me with this problem at all?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Sirjack. Sorry for the late response. Can you send me a Private Message with the IMEI and model of the device? I would like to check this out for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok so STIX19 was able to sort this out. They were able to check the IMEI and be able to get it past the unfortunate message. SIM is on the way
Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm havin the exact same problem; unlocked iPhone 6s (AT&T) but checker keeps saying phone is locked. I've personally verified with AT&T that the phone is unlocked domestically. It even recognizes Sprint SIM cards and shows Sprint. So I need the same assistance.