Iphone XS Max 256 Unlocked?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Iphone XS Max 256 Unlocked?

My question today is I currently want to buy the new Iphone XS Max in 256GB and while speaking to a  boost representative I was told over the phone that I can buy the Iphone Xs Max unlocked from apple. I'll just need to call them to send me a sim card. However while going through the community i see there are a lot of complaints going around that the phone isn't compatible, But even on Apple's website boost is listed as a supported carrier.

Now I'm confused, The website is telling me something different from an actual live person, and even apple themselves. Can someone just clear this up for me

4 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Iphone XS Max 256 Unlocked?

Hi, iphonerebel! Thanks for contacting us. At the moment we are not able to activate Bring Your Own iPhone Xs and the iPhone Xs Max. If there’s anything else that we can do for you, let us know.

Accomplice

Hi as I was looking I called my local apple store and they told me that when I get to them I will tell them my current carrier and they will give me a device corresponding to that carrier.

I then called boost mobile and told them this (on the line with a different representative) and they told me the same thing the first representative said which was that they'll also send me a sim card.

SO I feel there is a miscommunication between not only boost and their customers but as well as apple with boost. So yes before i drop over $1000 I just want to ask, If Im given the iphone Xs Max that is a Model compatible with boost will it work then? And if this is a issue when will you guys be in stock with the Max as well as 256 and 512 for both Xs models
Accomplice

May I also add that on Apples website boost is listed as a carrier for the new XS Max, So my questions above still stand, And I'd like all to be answered 

Agent

At the moment the Bring Your Own version (Factory Unlock Version) of the iPhone Xs and the iPhone Xs Max can not be activated in our network. No word on when it'll possible yet, but stay tuned to our site for updates on this. https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNavRobot tonguehones:BringYourPhone