Iphone 7 plus question

SOLVED
Highlighted

Iphone 7 plus question

If i buy an iphone 7 plus on ebay(that was formerly used on Spring) will this work on the boost mobile network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Iphone 7 plus question

The Sprint version of the iPhone 7s is compatible with Boost service.  That said,  be careful buying a phone on eBay. It's pretty easy for people to sell you a phone that's attached to a cancelled account.  If it's not reported lost of stolen, the ESN may appear 'clear' but that doesn't mean it's unlocked, eligible for unlock or eligible for activation on another account.  

I've worked with some customers in the past who bought a phone this way only to find it was attached to an account with a balance.  If that happens, you're out the money and a phone.  Just be sure you're buying from a reputable reseller.  

SeaWolf
Community Manager
Captain of the Pirate Ship Vicious Cream Puff

If my answer (or someone else's) helped you solve a problem, please help others find the same info faster by clicking that Accepted Solution button.

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos.
1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: Iphone 7 plus question

The Sprint version of the iPhone 7s is compatible with Boost service.  That said,  be careful buying a phone on eBay. It's pretty easy for people to sell you a phone that's attached to a cancelled account.  If it's not reported lost of stolen, the ESN may appear 'clear' but that doesn't mean it's unlocked, eligible for unlock or eligible for activation on another account.  

I've worked with some customers in the past who bought a phone this way only to find it was attached to an account with a balance.  If that happens, you're out the money and a phone.  Just be sure you're buying from a reputable reseller.  

SeaWolf
Community Manager
Captain of the Pirate Ship Vicious Cream Puff

If my answer (or someone else's) helped you solve a problem, please help others find the same info faster by clicking that Accepted Solution button.

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos.