Iphone 6 no service

Accomplice

Iphone 6 no service

I am 6 going on 7 months pregnant I am a high risk pregnancy haven’t been able to use my phone since December 14th I can’t receive or make any phone calls nor text messages everything I do has to be through my WiFi nobody helped me with anything I reset my phone so everything was erased and still after putting all my info back in there the service still didn’t work I followed every step to resetting the network to the numbers you put in the dial pad and nothing works and when I asked for money for off my bill they were only trying to take $4.00 off this is ridiculous
13 REPLIES 13
Accomplice

You should not be asking people’s phone number and pin number
Agent

Hey steve4910! One of the purposes of this community is for us to provide assistance. Our private messaging is secure via this channel, and we will never disclose, under no circumstances, private information provided to us such as the phone number and PIN in a private message. Customers are always free to call customer service or use any other method to get the help they need if they do not feel comfortable sending the information necessary to provide assistance via this channel; we understand. 

~AmyM25
Enthusiast

That's crazy, my phone started doing the same thing on the same day (Dec. 14th) & I've also been getting the run around with no sign of improvement in trying to resolve the issue which should be their top priority to make the customer happy but obviously that's not the case. I've been waiting for a "replacement sim card" for a month now & after three weeks in, I decided to head to the boost store hoping for some luck with their sim card but was no help. It's the phone itself that has the issue. Now it's day 6 since I spoke to someone in regards to a refund or free upgrade in which they said that they will make sure that I receive a call back in 1-3 business days to help investegate this matter (bullsh*t).  If there is still no progress on this matter by the end of today, tomorrow I Will Be Heard.

Agent

Hi cpro423! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to verify the situation you're having with your service. Please, let us have your address, number and PIN in a private message, so we can further assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".  Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25