I am having a similiar issue to the user in this post.
I recieved my sim card, installed it and when I go to activate it I get the error message "Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI." as if the IMEI is invalid. For some reason, when the error pops up, the web page also strips off the last digit (which is a 1) making the number 14 instead of 15 digits. I have tried it without the 1, and I've double and triple checked that this is the correct number and did it multiple times throughout the day.
A few pieces of context:
1) The iphone is a unlocked Iphone 6 I recieved through my job.
2) I am not (and never have been) a virgin customer.
3) I did confirm that my phone was compatible with the BYOP program before ordering my SIM card.
4) The previous SIM card was verizon, so I assume it was purchased through them.
5) I do not have a virgin mobile cell # or pin code, I was assuming I would get those during activation?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The same thing is happening to me, why dont you post your solutions!! Ive been on hold for over an hour. I try to check activation status and it says "The Device ID or Account PIN you entered is not recognized. Please re-enter your information and try again."
Can you please send me a private message, with your phone number, PIN number, IMEI of the device and the SIM card number?
To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.
Hello there matthewsa. Let's figure this out. Are you trying to activate a new phone on a new account or swap phones? Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number if you have an account and the IMEI plus the SIM card number.