IPhone IMEI number not valid

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

IPhone IMEI number not valid

I am having a similiar issue to the user in this post

I recieved my sim card, installed it and when I go to activate it I get the error message "Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI." as if the IMEI is invalid. For some reason, when the error pops up, the web page also strips off the last digit (which is a 1) making the number 14 instead of 15 digits. I have tried it without the 1, and I've double and triple checked that this is the correct number and did it multiple times throughout the day. 

A few pieces of context:

1) The iphone is a unlocked Iphone 6 I recieved through my job.

2) I am not (and never have been) a virgin customer. 

3) I did confirm that my phone was compatible with the BYOP program before ordering my SIM card.

4) The previous SIM card was verizon, so I assume it was purchased through them. 

5) I do not have a virgin mobile cell # or pin code, I was assuming I would get those during activation? 

Here's what the error looks like.Here's what the error looks like.

See more topics labeled with:
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @tomcai0525. Sorry to hear that you're having issues. Please send us a private message with the information. We'd love to help.

Highlighted
Not applicable

The same thing is happening to me, why dont you post your solutions!! Ive been on hold for over an hour. I try to check activation status and it says "The Device ID or Account PIN you entered is not recognized. Please re-enter your information and try again." 

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi! I’m also having the same problem with activating my iPhone 6s Plus. Every time I input IMEI it does not accept.

Highlighted

We definitely want to get this figured out for you. Where did you purchased your device?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.  I was mistaken, it is an iphone 6s and it was gifted to me out of box.  I believe that it was originally purchased from Verizon.

Highlighted

Can you please send me a private message, with your phone number, PIN number, IMEI of the device and the SIM card number?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm currently having the same issue with a phone I have previously used with my virgin mobile account.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello pink454126. We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi, I just got my sim but am getting the same 'Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI.' message. Please help!

Highlighted
Agent

Hello there matthewsa. Let's figure this out. Are you trying to activate a new phone on a new account or swap phones? Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number if you have an account and the IMEI plus the SIM card number.