IPhone IMEI number not valid

Go to solution
Highlighted
Not applicable

IPhone IMEI number not valid

I am having a similiar issue to the user in this post

I recieved my sim card, installed it and when I go to activate it I get the error message "Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI." as if the IMEI is invalid. For some reason, when the error pops up, the web page also strips off the last digit (which is a 1) making the number 14 instead of 15 digits. I have tried it without the 1, and I've double and triple checked that this is the correct number and did it multiple times throughout the day. 

A few pieces of context:

1) The iphone is a unlocked Iphone 6 I recieved through my job.

2) I am not (and never have been) a virgin customer. 

3) I did confirm that my phone was compatible with the BYOP program before ordering my SIM card.

4) The previous SIM card was verizon, so I assume it was purchased through them. 

5) I do not have a virgin mobile cell # or pin code, I was assuming I would get those during activation? 

Here's what the error looks like.Here's what the error looks like.

See more topics labeled with:
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sent a pm! Thanks!

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same issue even though my phone is unlocked and all other carriers say that my IMEI looks good
Highlighted
Groupie

same problem as the others...

Bought an Iphone7+ from BOOST...I'm currently a Virgin Mobile client (for a long time now) and I want to use this iphone with Virgin, but when i try to register it in the "swap device" section and enter the IMEI it says "let's try that again" like I have it wrong.   Can you help me please?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hey I'm having similar problems activating my new device, receiving 'token is not valid' message while trying to activate my new device. Why?
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there boostman15. Do you have the DUO application on your phone? victor21

Highlighted
Enthusiast

On my older device or the one I am trying to activate?
Highlighted
Agent

Either would help?