IPHONE XS MAX

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

IPHONE XS MAX

Since boost is deciding to take forever in restocking the newer iPhone's, I decided to go down to the Apple store and purchase the Xs Max sim free. This morning I called to see if I could activate and the customer rep told me I could but that I needed to get a new sim card from the Apple store which I did. Now that I am home and called back, they told me that the phone is not yet compatible to connect to boost. I don't understand how the same phone that is offered on the website is not compatible if purchased through the Apple store with a sim card that says Boost Mobile on it. 

Boost do you have ANY info as too how long it will take to restock more iPhone Xs, Max, and Xr? 

Does anyone have any info on how long it took boost mobile to add the iPhone X to its compatible phones list since it first came out? Maybe that will help give a time frame. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: IPHONE XS MAX

FINALLY! The IPhone XR, XS, and Max have finally been added to the list of BYOD meaning we can now activate phones brought from the Apple Store! As for when they will be back in stock, a rep mentioned an expected restock in about a week or two. Pretty certain in time for holiday shopping.
9 REPLIES
Agent

Hi there, zitlaly28. Thanks for contacting us. At the moment, we don't have information as to when the iPhone XS MAX  is going to be available. Please, keep checking our website and social media channels for updates. 

Accomplice

How long does it take to allow a phone to be compatible with boost mobile?

Agent

Hi there, zitlaly28. Thanks for contacting us. 

There is not a specific amount of time. Please, keep checking our website and social media channels for updates. 

@ Zitaly28

It must be a promotion stunt because I enabled the same unlocked xs max to work with Ting mobile as a test which is the boost/sprint network. The phone worked and activated perfectly on activation it even said Boost in the corner for the signal. I’m assuming it is to make everyone sign to Sprint for those who cannot wait and get them on there instead and once the sales slow down they release to Boost customers as secondary's.
Accomplice

A mi.me.pasa lo mismo es una desconsideración de boost con sus clientes. Llame a Apple y ellos dicen que boost al parecer no quieren activar los iphone que se compran en Apple para obligar a los clientes a comprarlos con ellos.
Accomplice

When I did some research this morning I came across a Reddit thread talking about ting. Is it like another phone service or is it just a SIM card brand? I was considering trying this before returning the iPhone all together, cross my fingers it works. There is so much confusion on Boost Mobiles part about activating a phone that's already offered on their website.
Accomplice

@kmaryic2

Creo igual porque cuando llame a Apple me dijieron que es muy raro que no quieren activar los teléfonos. Pero si eso fuera el caso porque no ponen más teléfonos en venta. Boost de verdad se están pasando está ves.

@zitlaly28

That reddit post you are referring to is how I found out about Ting. Ting operates on the same network as Sprint/Boost. I activated the phone without issue using IMEI number 1 which is the IMEI linked to the Nanosim you place in the phone and it even said “Boost” next to the signal bar and in the network section. I tried it with Ting in hopes the IMEI would now be realized when trying to swap phones on boost. It did not and have come to grips the phone is blacklisted until they clear the use of it. As I stated earlier it is obvious that the phone is banned until sales deteriorate with Sprint and releasing it to Boost will release a new wave of sales. Can’t blame Boost for this! I am in business as well and I know sales are sales. Sucks for us customers but they are in control. When Boost says it’s ok to use then we will enjoy at that time. Hold tight for now or move to another provider I guess.
Accomplice

FINALLY! The IPhone XR, XS, and Max have finally been added to the list of BYOD meaning we can now activate phones brought from the Apple Store! As for when they will be back in stock, a rep mentioned an expected restock in about a week or two. Pretty certain in time for holiday shopping.