How to get inner circle sim card

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

How to get inner circle sim card

Hello,

I am in weired situation, I bought iPhone from apple store and was told that they do not carry virgin mobile SIM card so the unlocked device which I bought should work with Virgin mobile Inner circle. Now when I am trying get into Inner Circle, virgin mobile customer representative asking me to get the SIM card from Apple store, which I checked by calling them and they keep on saying me they do not have the SIM card with them. Now can you please help me to get the phone activate with Inner Circle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Preetamjain. Thank you very much for contacting us. The guys at the Apple Store are able to complete the activation process and to add the number to our service. When the phone is purchased through the store, is better to activate the device with them in order to avoid issues. However, you can send us a private message with more details about your issue, and we'll do our very best to help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Agent

Hello preetamjain. At the moment we are unable to activate unlocked devices. You can get a Virgin Mobile iPhone online or visiting one of the Apple stores shown on our website https://goo.gl/Ft4Bim.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I was able to activate my unlocked iPhone that was purchased at the Apple Store. Just did it yesterday, and am on the inner circle 12 month promo. Why do you keep telling people they cannot activate an unlocked iPhone? The Apple Store says all iPhones they sell are unlocked!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks.

Can you please share the details how to get this done? as I am following up with VM and continiously hearing from them to go and get the SIM kit for Apple then only they can onboard me to VM Inner Circle plan. Meanwhile I did check with Apple as well and they are asking me to get the SIM and activation done from VM.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi there,

I did purchase iPhone 7 Plus yesterday from one of the stores mentioned in the link you shared - 

Oregon
Portland, Pioneer Place

I specifically asked them I want iPhone for Virgin mobile Inner circle and they gave me unlocked one saying they don't carry Virgin mobile locked phone and the unlocked phone should work with VM.

And since I did purchase from tax free state, I do not want to go there and return it.  would be great if you can activate my phone and give me opportunity to enjoy the VM services.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Preetamjain. Thank you very much for contacting us. The guys at the Apple Store are able to complete the activation process and to add the number to our service. When the phone is purchased through the store, is better to activate the device with them in order to avoid issues. However, you can send us a private message with more details about your issue, and we'll do our very best to help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the guidance.

As suggested I visited the Apple store and got the SIM card, later I followed the instructions available on Virgin mobile site to activate the number and got it done.

-Preetam

Highlighted
Not applicable

Did you get the SIM card from the Apple store? I purchased an unlocked Iphone 7 from the Apple store yesterday and did not receive a SIM card, even after mentioning to the salesperson that I'm using it on Virgin Mobile. I got home and tried to activate it and first I was told I do not need a sim card since it's a CDMA phone, just call back in an hour when phone number is released from prior carrier. I called back an hour later and was told that I need a SIM card and that Virgin Mobile will NOT send me one...that I have to go back to the inconvenient Apple store, and waste my time to get a SIM card from them. I called the Apple store twice and was told they do not have Virgin Mobile Sim cards, that i must get them from carrier. Plus, the IMEI number they took from phone shows the phone as an Iphone 6s, not a 7. (This was a brand new phone). I spent an entire day yesterday on this mess!

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @sdelmore. Sorry for the late response. Would you please send us a private message so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~ Joy P.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Not applicable

I am going through the same issue. The nearest apple store is an hr and a half and I do not drive. Why can't Virgin Mobile just send me a sim card?