Help with iphone 6s unlocking

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Help with iphone 6s unlocking

How much did they charge, and did you have that phone activated for 12 months like they require? Or is there a way they can do it for a brand new iPhone?
Agent

Hi 4gotmyusername. There is no charge to unlock a device. To unlock your device you would need to meet with some requirements. The person requesting the device to be unlock, must be a current or former customer or an individual owner who can provide the phone number and pin code for the account last associated with the device. The device has not been reported as lost or stolen. The device has been activated at least 12 months and a payment was been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation. Victor21

Accomplice

I am on the verge of tears! I have been trying to unlock my iphone 5s after having it active on my account for 13 months. I have called probably 20 times, and emailed at least 20 times. I have only received automated replies to my emails saying someone will contact me in 24 hours, but they never have. 

I have NEVER lost my temper with a customer service rep. I realize they are doing a difficult job. Nonetheless, I would like some information, which I ask kindly for every time I call. Each call lasts AT LEAST 40 minutes, most of that time I am on hold.

Here is the range of experiences I have had when I have called customer service:

-been told phone is unlocked, though it is not

-been told to enter codes that have nothing to do with unlocking phone

-I am a young woman, had young male rep say things that seemed sexual and I hung up

-been hung up on (sometimes mid conversation, but usually while waiting on hold), with no call back

-only time I was called back was when I told a representative I felt he was being rude and that I would like to speak with his supervisor. He would not transfer me and when I hung up he called me back, TWICE, berated me, I asked  him to stop calling me, I hung up on him twice and he called me back twice, both times yelling and saying "Why you are being difficult!?!?"

I am scared to call again, but I want this phone unlocked so I can use it with a different company. Yes, rates are low and service is good as long as you don't have to have this kind of interactions with these horrible reps. It is truly appalling. Calls are recorded? REVIEW THEM BOOST! You will find horrible things. 

TICKET number: # 68557008

imei 352027064155515

(phone no longer active on account, but was was active for over 12 months at time of original request 30+ days ago)

Agent

Hey @boost100. A private message has been sent to further assist you.

Enthusiast

I was a  long time Boost customer. At that time I called boost customer service to ask if they would unlock my iPhone purchased 2/2014. The lady said sure and gave me a 6 digit code of all Zero's and said your phone is unlocked. Come to find out it's not. and I have no clue what  or how to use the code. Can anyone help?

Accomplice

iPhones don't use a code to unlock them. It's done on the carrier's end. If they say it's unlocked now you have to do an iTunes backup, factory reset and restore to unlock it.
Groupie

I need help with the same thing but for an iphone 6
Groupie

Re: Help with iphone 6 unlocking

i have switched to an iphone 7 plus, but im trying to get iphone 6 unlocked
Accomplice

Hi can you please help me unlock my iPhone 6s. I have been using my phone with them for more than 12 months and they boos mobile told me they can’t do it !! Please help
Agent

Hey there, @Darthnezz. Can you please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to help you?