Firmware update needed to activate phone after 14.0?

Highlighted

Firmware update needed to activate phone after 14.0?

Today I got my iphone 7 in the mail, and am following the instructions to activate the sim card. I updated to 14.0, and I am hitting a wall on the activation part of the website. I've spent 2 hours matching up the ICCID & MEID numbers only to be told I need a firmware update. Can someone tell me what's going on? I haven't paid the bill yet......Is that the problem? I don't want to throw down the money, only to keep running into this issue. Pretty sure I'm making a dumb mistake somewhere, but the numbers are matching up.....Boost, help me out here!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Tjunior. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we'd like to review this issue. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted

This is happening to me.. trying to switch from a galaxy a20 to a iPhone 7 and I tried everything factory resetting it, making sure it’s completely updated and resetting network settings like I saw on a different post.. still saying needs firmware update.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, XxdakotalynnxX. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.