Certified Pre-Owned i-Phone Warranty,

Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Certified Pre-Owned i-Phone Warranty,

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem as stated by the previous people.  I purchased a Certified Pre-owened iPhone 6s plus in December of 2018 that recently stopped working.  I contacted customer support and was told this phone was still covered under the 1 year warranty.  I was told that I would need to take it to an Apple store and they would fix it. The people at the apple store informed me that the phone's warranty expired in 2017 because it was previously purchased in 2016.  They refused to fix it.  I need boost mobile to contact me about this issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Johnson6839. Please send us a private message with the order number. We'd like to take a look at this.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello,

I can't even begin to put into words how frustrated with Boost I am over this issue.  I have been dealing with an Apple iPhone 6s that I purchased 12/8/18 from Boost and the screen has decided to quit working - Apple has the purchase date as 12/19/17 - Basically 1 yr warranty was expired when I purchased the phone.  This issue has started over 2 weeks ago and I have spoken with Boost representatives at least 15 times, 4 "supervisors", and been transferred to Blue Star Warranty, Apple Support, and hung-up on or disconnected more times than I can count.  I have done all of the steps that Apple support told me to (turned off find my iPhone via my computer since the display wont work) and been to an Apple repair associate (Best Buy) and Apple store.  I was told by Boost Retention that I needed to take my receipt into Apple and they would see that I purchased the phone less than a year ago - they basically laughed at me.   Apple was surprised to say the least that Boost claims a 1 year limited warranty to "pre-owned" devices since they don't even offer 1 year limited warranties on ANY of their PRE-OWNED devices that they sell themselves.  I have call reference numbers from 3 supervisors at Boost which don't seem to mean anything when I call in.  I was told by Boost that there is a system error with Boost where the new purchase date should update with Apple so that the 1 year warranty clock restarts when you purchase your phone - where that is not happening.  I was told that a "Subject Matter Expert" would be calling me back within 2-4 hours; they never called.  When I called back they said it could take a week - I called back in a week- was told to wait another 48 hours - I called back (mind you that each time I call back I have to go over the whole issue again with a new person, only to either get disconnected or have the call transferred to Blue Star - to have to call back again and start over).  I have been a Boost customer for 10 years and I am disgusted with how this has been handled.  I asked for some sort of discount code to get a new phone for both my lines since if I switch to another carrier I will have to purchase two phones - Boost will not do that to keep me as a customer.

Highlighted

Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your experience. We definitely would like to look into this. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Accomplice

This is the response I received from a Private Message from Boost:

"If the phone is pre-owned and was purchased back in 2018, unfortunately the 90-days warranty has expired. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have reported this issue to every outlet I can imagine.  Boost is still giving me the run around, I can have the Boost webside open and read them what they advertise online about the "Certified Pre-Owned" Iphones only to have a representative argue with me and tell me that there is only a 90 day warranty.  

How can they get away with this!!!??

Highlighted
Agent

You can find about pre-owned phones here: 

https://www.boostmobile.com/shop/pre-owned-phones.html

Highlighted
Accomplice

This is the response I have now received from Boost representative jalopez81:

"Oh, I see. Yours is Certified. Then yes, there's a 1-year Apple warranty. In that case, you need to contact Apple or visit the Apple store."

Are you even reading my original post? I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT.  I HAVE DONE IT TWICE!!!!!!!  I HAVE IT IN WRITING FROM APPLE THAT THE PHONE IS OUT OF WARRANTY DUE TO THE PURCHASE/ACTIVATION DATE BEING WHEN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PURCHASED BEFORE BOOST SOLD IT TO ME.

Why don't you know how to remedy this problem?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Did Boost ever make this right?

Highlighted
Groupie

Unhappy Apple,
I was able to get a new phone but had to go through Apple to get it. Boost was no help. The problem lies with the original purchase date of the phone. For a certified preowned 6s plus, that's probably 2017. That's what apple sees when it pulls up the purchase date for the phone. What you have to do is go to the Apple website, go to apple support, scroll down and click on check coverage for your product, enter your serial number. At this point it should say that your phone is no longer covered by the warranty, however, there should be a link that allows you to change date of purchase. You will need a proof of purchase for this. It's been a few months since I did this so I may not remember all of the details correctly, but at that point I was contacted by an apple supervisor. I told them about my certified preowned phone, directed them to the boost website that claimed that mine had a 1 year warranty, directed them to the apple website that states that apple certified refurbished phones have a 1 year warranty, and provided the valid date of purchase. The customer rep agreed and wrote the details of our conversation into the notes concerning the phone. Make sure they write something along the lines of "exchange phone at no cost to the customer" into the notes. I went to the apple store the next day and was able to exchange with no problems. I hope that helps.