Certified Pre-Owned i-Phone Warranty,

Groupie

Certified Pre-Owned i-Phone Warranty,

Bought a certified pre-owned i-Phone 6S on 16-Dec-18.  Comes from Boost with a "1 year Apple Limited Warranty".  Got it activated on 23-Dec-18.  17-Feb-19 it would no longer take a charge (I've owned it now for 60 days).  Took it to the Apple store, they did diagnostics on it (ICC), told me it was dead, as in like forever, not repairable.  Battery is fine, something wrong with internal circuitry. I've now called Boost 17 times in the last 48 hours (no exaggeration, not kidding) and no one can help me get a new phone.  Boost keeps sending me to their insurance carrier, Bright Star, but Bright Star says they don't handle the 1 year warranties on CERTIFIED pre-owned phones, just the 90 day warranties on regular pre-owned phones.   A few times Boost, even without asking me, connected me to Apple, but Apple says "we have no record of your phone being remanufactured ("certified") or resold and activated.  We only show the original sale of this phone and the original warranty, which expired in Aug '18.  A Senior Supervisor at Apple spent 2.4 hours on the phone with me (no exaggeration, not kidding) while we called Boost, got to a supervisor, got transferred to Bright Star, called Boost back and finally got a Boost Supervisor to understand the situation and agree to fix the problem, saying "call back in 24 hours for an update".  The Senior Supervisor at Apple clearly asked the Boost Supervisor for a case # or reference # that we could refer to in order to get the update.  The Boost Supervisor assured us that everything was logged into my account and only my phone # would be needed to reference this issue.  I called back this evening (21-Feb-19), requested a supervisor (which I got, at least he said he was a supervisor) and asked for an update.  He referred me to Bright Star.  I told him "please don't do that" and explained to him the difference between a certified pre-owned i-phone and a plain old pre-owned i-phone (which is clearly laid out on Boost's web site).  He asked me to hold for a minute while he looked into the situation, so I said "ok".  After 15 minutes I was automatically transferred to Apple, who told me (you guessed it), "terribly sorry sir but we have no record of your phone being refurbished, resold and reactivated.  We can't help you".  So now I'm stuck with a completely dead i-Phone 6S, and a cell phone bill from Boost who doesn't understands their own policies enough (and/or doesn't train their employees enough) to do anything about it.  I have never encountered such incompetence in my life.  Everyone at Boost has been very polite and they seem to want to help, but they don't understand enough about how their own systems to make them work.  All the politeness in the world won't fix my phone.  I would never believe this could actually happen if I wasn't living it - this whole thing is like a bad joke. 
Frustrated Beyond Belief
21 REPLIES 21
Agent

Re: Certified Pre-Owned i-Phone Warranty,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, and MEID/IMEI number of the phone to further investigate. 
Groupie

Hamilton. I will gladly send a private message. Would you tell me please how I am to do that. I don't see a button or any instruction for "private message".
Agent

Hey there, simongrant! To send a Private Message, please click on the person's name and this will take you the the profile. You'll see the option to send a message there. 
Accomplice

Hello Community, 

I just experienced the same run around. Took the apple phone to the apple store this morning. They said the order confirmation we have does not prove ownership?? The phone shows it was certified 2 years before we purchased it.??
We called Boost and asked for a receipt of purchase to provide apple, of course they cannot provide it. Boost says Apple should honor the documentation. We called apple warranty support and they tell us that the Apple Certified pre-owned warranty started when the original owner activated the phone???  So the warranty Boost said was on the phone which I paid extra for expired 1 year before I owned it?  We have been on the phone for 5 hours today working on this?? We bought the phone in Dec of 2018, the original owner activated the phone in 2016. MY warranty was expired when I bought it.?????????????????????????????????
This is fraud.. Please respond to this post if you have the same issue..
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Upsetapplephone. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.
Accomplice

Hello,
I am a valid paying customer. I sent a private message.
Included Phone #, PIN #, and Confirmation showing I bought the phone ON Dec 17, 2018,
Still on the phone with Boost. 6 hrs no resolution!!!
Accomplice

Still no reply from my private message sent... 

Agent

Hey, Upsetapplephone. We received your private message. We'll continue to assist you in private. This is not a live chat. Response time depends on our agent’s availability and may take up to 30 minutes.

Accomplice

On the phone now for over 6hrs, no resolution. It's Saturday afternoon. 6hrs I could have spent with my family. I paid extra for the Apple Certified Warranty, If I paid myself 30 an hour, I'm out another $180.00 

Buyer beware.