Cant verify my account

Groupie

Cant verify my account

5 REPLIES 5
Groupie

Re: Cant verify my account

I bought a phone from friend. I called customer service to switch my service and number to that phone. Since there was an email adress on the phonei asked could we factory the phone also. He said yes. Phone number switched fine as well as sim card and the said it was good to go. But phone to get booted back up asks for email addreess and password of owner that was previously synched to device. (Before factory reset) That account was supposed to be deleted or removed before reset or must know info to get phone back going. Cant get that info as the guy i bought phone from bought it from some one else. Phone is worthless without this info . what else can i do to get this phone going again
Groupie

What kinda phone is it? It’s typically just gonna be a paperweight at this point. Your buddy shouldn’t of been able to use the phone if he didn’t have that account information. Older iPhones you could plug into your computer and hard reset everything and every account attached to it. If it’s still possible YouTube will have a video on how to do it and will be your best bet
Groupie

The phone is worthless because of the boost mobil call center representative. The phone was fine to switch number to. They said it wasdone successefully. However.............When he instructed me how to factoryreset the phone he failed to have me delete any googleaccounts associated. With the phone. I didnt know to do that but he should have. So my phone isworthless because of him
Groupie

Its a samsung galaxy j337
Agent

I am sorry Jstme for the hassle there. In cases like this the best course of action is to follow the Google verification process. If you know at least your Gmail user name, you may try to reset your password using the Google verification process and security answers. Please follow this link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7682439?hl=en to learn how you may recover your Google account. Hope this helps.