Cannot swap to new phone

Cannot swap to new phone

(This seems to be a recurring problem!)

Ordered a new iPhone, received Saturday.  Yesterday I went on the Virgin Mobile website and attempted to activate the new phone and switch my number.  Attempted MULTIPLE times, it froze at the 'choose plan' option.  Finally I was looking at the new phone's settings, and it appears I was sent a phone that is intended for SPRINT!

What is the solution?  Can my new phone be remotely fixed so that I can activate it with Virgin Mobile, or will I need to have a new phone sent that is correctly configured for Virgin Mobile?

This has been a frustrating and time-consuming issue.

10 REPLIES 10

Now that I am looking at my phone, I have the exact same problem. How will this be fixed? This is beyond frustrating.

I am having the same issue. I have tried to activate my new phone 4 times and it comes up w/ the message below each time. The problem is I can't call to activate  my phone because my cell phone currently does not have service...Please let me know how I should proceed. 

IMG_0001.jpg

Agent

Hello schornb. Thanks for reaching out to us. It is our pleasure to assist you. Please, send us your device's information in a private message, so we can figure out what is going on with the activation. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".  Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25

Having the same problem new phone cannot activate through phone or online

Waited on hold for 45 min.  no one answered

Agent

Hi there, calrobnicash. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the activation. 

Please, send us a private message with the IMEI or DEC, and the phone number and PIN if you already have an account. 

Same problem here, Defaulted to SPRINT mobile. No way to connect to anything. Please answer so I can send you my IMEI. Thank youi.

Agent

Hi, Thejoz. Do you already have a Virgin Mobile phone? Is it a Virgin Mobile device? Where did you purchase the phone?

I have an old HTC using Virgin Mobile. I purchased a prev. loved Ihone7 plus from Virgin Mobile