Cannot send texts to androids

Go to solution
Accomplice

Cannot send texts to androids

I have a brand new Apple iPhone XR. After activation I cannot send text messages to android users besides pictures. I’ve tried everything I’ve spoken to Boost several times and even was on the phone for three hours with Apple resetting everything on the phone and trying everything. The strange thing is that if I’m on a current phone call I can then send text messages. It seems like I’m not getting service when I try to send text messages aloan to Androids. I just bought the phone for $750 and I don’t want to be stuck with a broken phone! What should I do as I feel I have used all my resources? Can I take the phone to a boost store and just get them to swap it out for a new one? I have tried every possible tactic and reset every single option on the phone!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Cannot send texts to androids

Been there and done that six times now. There is nothing you can do per boosts mouth! I’m sick of giving the same numbers and getting the same results! I’m through!
19 REPLIES
Agent

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you getting any specific error message when you try to send the text message? To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Accomplice

21229. Baltimore city Md. there is an! In red with a red circle around it. It also says NOT DELIVERED under it. I have called boost three times and spoken to them I have texted with them three different times and I have spoken to Apple for times and spent countless days in hours trying to resolve this. I can only send text messages via iMessage but I can receive all text messages including from Annedroids. I noticed today that if I’m on an active phone call that then and only then am I able to send android users messages. It seems like I’m not getting cellular service when attempting to use Messages unless on a current phone call. I just bought this phone on boost up and I’ve only had it for five days which I have never been able to use it properly.
Agent

Thanks for that information. Our network team has not yet notified us of any network issues in your area. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the phone, and the ICCID/SIM card number to further investigate. 

Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat... Purchased my apple XR Monday 12/3/18.  Tuesday I spent just over an hour on the phone with Boost Mobile tech support at which point they transferred me to Apple tech supports where I spent over 2 hour on the phone.  Today I am still unable to send a text to an android phone unless I disable LTE.  I've seen some phones show LTE then give options like voice only & data only.  I am not seeing this here, but was able to send a text to an android by turning off LTE and sending it over the 3G network.

With that being said, it is almost 2019 and we should not have to be switching back and forth just to send a text.  Getting angry, will most like go back to the boost store this weekend and if not able to fix will most likely return the phone and take my business elsewhere.

Agent

Hi Shewy. There are a few things that can be done. Sometimes, when an iPhone is activated, you are unable to text phones unless they're iPhones (most of the times, you use iMessage with iPhone users). We still do not know why this happens, but we do have some steps that resolve this. We'll need to access your account to do so. Please, send us a private message that includes your iPhone's IMEI # and SIM card #, along with your phone number and PIN. Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

Thanks for replying! I’m starting to think that maybe the XR have some kind of problem with messaging. I’ve tried everything I’ve spent a total of six hours on the phone with Sprint and Apple and still no luck. I’m really disappointed and Apple and the service provided. This will probably be the last Apple product I ever buy.
Agent

We're sorry to hear that. We'll be happy to help. But we need you to send us a private message with the required information. 

Accomplice

Been there and done that six times now. There is nothing you can do per boosts mouth! I’m sick of giving the same numbers and getting the same results! I’m through!
Agent

Hey Slickywuu79! Will you give us this last change to help you out? There are a few things that can be done to resolve this. Sometimes, when an iPhone is activated, you are unable to text phones unless they're iPhones (most of the times, you use iMessage with iPhone users). We still do not know why this happens, but we do have some steps that resolve this. We'll need to access your account to do so. Please, send us a private message that includes your iPhone's IMEI # and SIM card #, along with your phone number and PIN. Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25