Can’t Activate iPhone 7 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Can’t Activate iPhone 7 Plus

My iPhone 7 Plus is originally from T-mobile, but T-Mobile unlocked it so that it can be used with another carrier. Once unlocked, I put in my SIM card from my old Boost Mobile phone into my iPhone 7 Plus. On the top left, it displays “Sprint LTE” with 0 bars but the internet starts working fine after a minute. I just can’t receive or make calls and texts.

When I went to the Boost Mobile website to activate the phone, I get the “data not found” error after entering the IMEI number. I’m also getting a message that my SIM card has locked and that I have to contact customer support about it. Please help! I can only use cellular data but not talk and text on the phone right now.
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Can’t Activate iPhone 7 Plus

Hello RALPHY88.  So sorry for this hassle; I'd love to help you with this ASAP. Please send me your phone and pin number, the MEI and SIM card of the phone you have. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Hello RALPHY88.  So sorry for this hassle; I'd love to help you with this ASAP. Please send me your phone and pin number, the MEI and SIM card of the phone you have. 

View solution in original post

Groupie

I had a phone from t mobile unlocked I enter in my information and it says data not found please help
Accomplice

Unfortunately you cannot transfer a T-Mobile (GSM) phone to Boost Mobile since it is not compatible with CDMA networks like Boost Mobile (unless if the device has CDMA bands as well and not only GSM). If the device is new and you purchased it within the last 14 days, you can return it to the seller for a full refund and buy the Sprint or Verizon version. If it is an iPhone, they can give you a free replacement at the Apple Store. Otherwise, you will either have to buy a new phone that is compatible or switch to a GSM carrier which supports your T-Mobile phone. Hope this helped!
Groupie

But the buyer before me said he bought it unlocked and used it for t mobile
Agent

Hey there @Demyisbaker. Did you verify if the device is compatible with our website? Link: https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone. As we've mentioned only the devices from Verizon or Sprint can work with our service. We cannot guarantee unlocked devices are compatible. Please, verify on our website. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Its says “bummer something went wrong on our end” so I can’t check if it’s compatible
Agent

Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Groupie

Re: Can’t Activate iPhone 6 Plus

My phone keeps saying locked sim and then it’ll stop working and I won’t get calls or anything my data will stop working and my phone will will say sim failure how can I fix this
Agent

Re: Can’t Activate iPhone 6 Plus

Hey there, Alissamarie! We'd be happy to help you. Is it asking for a code?