Can Preowned iPhone 7 be unlocked??

Groupie

Can Preowned iPhone 7 be unlocked??

I just bought a preowned iPhone 7 plus from Boost and switched my Verizon SIM card from my old iPhone 6 that I also bought preowned from Boost. I just called Boost to ask if they could unlock the 7 and they told me that I needed to be in service with them for atleast a year before they could unlock it. Mind you I’ve had this done before where I bought an preowned iPhone 6 and they unlocked it for me so that I could be in service with another carrier. Can someone tell me if they’ve had their phone unlocked or not because I’m being given the run around. My sister who also just bought a phone and called the customer service number today to have her phone unlocked had more success than I did and was told that her phone could be unlocked and would be unlocked tomorrow. But I call and I am being told different. The representative even tried to pretend like she couldn’t find my IMEI number when the phone came from Boost! For all this trouble that I didn’t have to go through with the last time, I am really looking at sending this phone back and being refunded my money!
1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Can Preowned iPhone 7 be unlocked??

We understand your frustration, @Jay_Cee, & we apologize for the inconvenience! These are the requirements to unlock you device: -The device has not been reported as lost or stolen. -The device has been activated least 12 months prior and a payment was been made within the last 90 days of that 12-month activation anniversary.