Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Boost not allowing unlocked iPhone 11's

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Boost not allowing unlocked iPhone 11's

So the Iphone 11 I bought from Boost keeps shutting down and restarting and was determined by Apple to have hardware issues.  Apple sent a replacement and now I cannot swap the Apple supplied replacement for the problem 11.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, toorock! Thank you for reaching out to us here. We want to help!  Can you send us a private message with your phone number and PIN, and the IMEI of the replacement iPhone?

Highlighted
Groupie

HI!!! Made an account specifically to reply to this because I ran into the same issue and was PANICKING that I had just wasted money on a useless phone.

So, to activate online on boost's website (assuming you have an eligible model):

After you insert your sim card, go into your phone Settings > About > and scroll down to the section called "Primary" where it shows your network and IMEI etc.

On Boost's activation page, type in the MEID code shown on your phone's screen (it's 1 digit shorter than the one shown on the box).

I tried using every single number on the box of the phone to activate, and all of them came back "Not eligible". But when you go into phone settings and get the MEID number from there, that number finally came up as eligible and successfully transferred.

If you are still having trouble, I recommend using the chat service to get a real representative. They were able to get me setup using one of the box numbers, before I figured out where to find the eligible number inside the phone's information..

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you "justtrying!" That is extremely helpful information! So happy to hear you found a solution for using an unlocked iphone 11 with Boost! Happy New Year!!!
Highlighted
Groupie

Mine is not an IPhone 11. I bought my phone at Best Buy 3 years ago. I had this carrier for 2 1/2 years. I bought a new phone and had a new number attached to the older one for my husband. In January 2019 I wanted to change carriers for a better deal. Now it seems that a VARBAL contract is looming in the background which says 12 months of service on a MONTHLY? Contract. 
I own my phone! I cannot get them to unlock my phone. I took other measures.  have called numerous times and sent a number of emails only to be dismissed.  Once again I own my phones. I am being Held Hostage  by a company. And on a month to month service. I went back to the store where I re-started my service and the kid working there told me “nothing I can do. Deal with it, so I did.

I anticipate absolutely nothing from this company. The idea that I was bamboozled into being a return customer has cost me hundreds of dollars. 

Unlock my phone! 

Highlighted
Accomplice

After the huge headaches with trying to activate my unlocked iPhone 11 with Boost, I decided to switch to Mint Mobile and now pay $20 a month a get more data than I had ever had on my Boost plan. Thanks for making it so incredibly difficult to activate and unlocked iPhone 11 Boost! Activating with Mint Mobile was super easy and now I’m saving $$$! Done with Boost! Do your research, there are plenty of other no-contract options out there!