Boost not allowing unlocked iPhone 11's

Accomplice

Re: Boost not allowing unlocked iPhone 11's

I agree 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Hey there, danpaul! We are able to activate iPhone 11's unlocked. They just need to be these versions:

iPhone 11 A2111

iPhone 11 Pro A2160

iPhone 11 Pro Max A2161

Enthusiast

Boost_MasielQ what's the procedure? I just bought a iPhone 11 Pro Max A2161 & checked the IME/MEID on the "Bring Your Phone" page of Boost Mobile & it started:

"We have good news and bad news.

Your current phone is not eligible. Shop our best deals to find a eligible phone."
Agent

Hi there! Can you please send us a private message with the details, so we can work through this? 

Enthusiast

Hi Silveri, Were you able to activate your unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max A2161 with Boost Mobile?
Enthusiast

@silveri, Were you able to activate your unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max A2161 with Boost Mobile?

Enthusiast

@FLSun No, despite it being the correct unlocked model from apple boost said it wasn't "eligble" which is funny because I checked online with Sprint & it was eligible there.
So now I'm having to return it & I guess buy one from boost despite them having no 256gb models available.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

@silveri Sorry to hear that. I have read on other tech sites that some people were able to activate their iPhone 11 Pro Max phones with Boost...but Boost makes it difficult to do and you have to find a tech competent person to assist you. Very frustrating to hear. Seems like Boost is blocking some unlocked phones because the same phone is offered on their site. This way you're locked into using Boost. Not good for the consumer.
Enthusiast

I've heard that too but the rep helping usually has to ignore the online eligibility tool.
Groupie

Boost_MasielQ,

Having the same problem. I bought an iPhone 11 model A2111.  Customer service said it’s not eligible for activation on Boost mobile. Please help!1