Boost locked my unlocked iphone 7 plus and I can't switch carriers!

Highlighted
Groupie

Boost locked my unlocked iphone 7 plus and I can't switch carriers!

I'm extremely upset with Boost. I bought an unlocked iPhone 7 plus at Best Buy(Apple) in July 2017 and was using Boost Mobile. Up until a few days ago, I learned they would not let me use an unlocked iPhone XR for my husband's phone replacement and decided to switch carriers (both phones). Now, I can't use my iPhone 7 plus with the new carrier because Boost locked it. After spending a while on the phone with a Boost rep yesterday, he was able to "request" my phone to get unlocked. But it will take up to 72 hours... business hours! I need my UNLOCKED phone to be UNLOCKED ASAP! Help!  

See more topics labeled with:
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Boost locked my unlocked iphone 7 plus and I can't switch carriers!

Hey there, @upsetuser! We really understand your concerns, be aware once the request is submitted we are unable to speed it up. Please keep in mind that it could take up to 72 hours but less than that. Thanks for your patience. 

Groupie

It's really upsetting that I have been with Sprint since about 2007 and Boost around 2010. I definitely don't feel valued, hence the reason why I left. Now it feels like I'm being punished for switching. If I had BOUGHT my phone through Boost I'd understand. But I didn't! I bought it UNLOCKED through Best Buy (Apple)!!! It's ridiculous! Will Boost give me a refund for my lost days without service? Probably not! I'm livid.  

Agent

Unfortunately a refund is not applicable in this specific situation. However, we’d like to look into the device info to see if it is locked as you stated. Please provide us the device IMEI through a private message. Thank you.