Boost-Endorsed Third-party Unlocking?

Highlighted

Boost-Endorsed Third-party Unlocking?

I bought an iPhone 7 via third-party a few months ago. The seller assured me it was unlocked, and when I looked up the IMEI, I saw that it wasn't blacklisted or anything bad like that. I assumed he was telling the truth.

A few days ago, I put in a SIM card from another carrier and got a screen saying that the SIM was not supported. I can't afford to be on Boost for the required 12 months required to unlock it, even with the cheapest plan I can find listed on their website.

I went to a Boost store to ask a Boost employee what my options were for unlocking. He told me that I could just go to a repair site that unlocked phones and have them do it for me. I was taken aback that an official Boost employee would recommend a third-party unlocking service to me. When I asked, he assured me it was 100% legal, too.

Was he right? 

If so, is there a specific third-party unlocking service that I should use?

See more topics labeled with:
1 REPLY 1

Re: Boost-Endorsed Third-party Unlocking?

Hello @yyyyyyyyy. Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. The only way a Boost Mobile phone can be unlocked is through us after 12 months of use. Was the iPhone device you purchased a Boost Mobile phone?