help with Voice Mail notifications

Accomplice

help with Voice Mail notifications

First, I realize there is another post regarding a ZTE phone with missing Voice mail notifications.  This is a slightly different problem., 

I swapped phones with my daughter.   She had an HTC I had the ZTE.   We swapped.    Later she bought an Iphone.   I started having some freezing issues with the HTC,  So a few weeks ago I swapped back the the ZTE and put the HTC away.   No problem with transferring the number, but I have stopped getting voice mail notifications.   when I open the voice mail menu, her number is displayed there rather than mine.   How do I fix this issue?   

Thanks, 

Ruth

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: help with Voice Mail notifications

Hi there! Sorry to hear that. We’d be happy to help. Are you referring to the Visual Voicemail or the regular voicemail?

Accomplice

If visual voice mail is where the voice mail is shown as a text, then no, just regular voice mail.  If visual voice mail is where each voice mail is shown separately  in a list, which you can then select and play them if you want and in the order you want then yes.    I thought it was strange when someone called, left a message, I heard the message notification but when I went into the voice mail icon, it showed no voice mails at all.    Hit the menu option top left and there I saw my daughter's number instead of mine. 

Agent

Hello ruthkoontz, let's look into this, just to be clear you are not getting the voicemail notifications?

Accomplice

Correct. Phone rings. Message keft. Audible notification heard. Voice mail icon has no numbers and when you open the app, there are only two, the original two from when you initially activate.about voice mail and voicemail to text. In upper left corner, the menu next to the word inbox...when I touch that I see inbox sent archive trash, a avatar circle and my daughter's phone number unstead of mine.
Agent

Please try the steps below:

1- Go to the keypad and enter ##72786#
2-When SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSA message appears, select Yes. ◦
3-The device power cycle. ◦Allow the hands free activation to begin automatically. 
4- After PRL is updated, select OK.
5- Select OK if there is a profile or firmware update. ◦ The device power cycles again.
*When it powers on, data services have been reset

Accomplice

Trying now.
Accomplice

Tried three times. Daughter's number still showing under voice mail app
Agent

Hi there, ruthkoontz! Please try going to Settings > Apps > Look for the voicemail app > Then select "Clear data". Let us know if the issue persists after that.