ZTE Max XL multiple issues

Go to solution
Accomplice

ZTE Max XL multiple issues

I've had this phone for about a week now and I've been having several issues. 1st my keyboard to text pops up when it wants to. I need to restart my device multiple times to get it to work. 2nd it freezes quite often. And 3rd, when putting the phone to charge at home or the car, it gives me a battery warning message and the device gets really hot. Anyone with the same issues?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: ZTE Max XL multiple issues

My boyfriend had the LG X power prior to this and loved it. You should not have had to pay for another phone. If everyone is having issues with this product and they are taking them off the shelves then they should do a recall and replace the phone at no charge.

14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Hey there, @Colvera2394 We're sorry to hear that. Just to confirm, do you have our $7 phone insurance? Also, when did you purchase that phone? Was it online or at a Boost Store?  We really want to help.

Accomplice

I'm not sure, we barely got the phones about 5-6 days ago, and it was at a boost store.
Agent

Understood, @Colvera2394. If that's the case, you may need to visit the store and see if you are within their return policy to return the phone. Otherwise, you will need to contact the manufacturer to repair your phone. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Enthusiast

Same exact issue here for both of our phones on our account. We have the insurance and we bought it in store. It's really frustrating when you pay for a service you can't use. We bought ours on the 19. Mine started within the 3rd or 4th day I called the 888boost4u and they help with the first issue. But since then both of ours have daily issues. Very unsatisfied with this phone and "no service" that we paid for.
Accomplice

Where I got the phones, they are no longer selling those cell phones because of all the complaints. I had to purchase another cell phone at best buy. I got the LG X charge and so far it's a pretty good phone.
Enthusiast

My boyfriend had the LG X power prior to this and loved it. You should not have had to pay for another phone. If everyone is having issues with this product and they are taking them off the shelves then they should do a recall and replace the phone at no charge.

Accomplice

Couldn't agree with you more. For them it's just business but they don't see that it hurts our pockets with those useless phones they're giving to people. And they tell you to either pay the deductible for the same phone to have the same issues or send the phone to ZTE manufacturer and have them replace it.
Enthusiast

Well I feel if I bought it from ZTE then I would take it up with them to where in fact I bought it from boost and insurance. Like you said it just business to them money in the bank for a faulty product. If I bought a gal of milk from Kroger that was spoiled when I opened it I wouldn't take it to quality farms I would take my receipt and milk right back and they would replace it straight up. I have called the store through these events and went to the boost site to trouble shot the issue it works for a few hours. I have had to go update my profile in settings at least 4 times today alone that's after they told me nonchalantly to factory reset my phone that they have had issues with these. No a happy camper right here
Accomplice

I've switched my message app to textra and still get multiple messages. I have had issues with phone overheating. Contacted ZTE. They want my phone for 2 weeks or I pay $40 for a replacement. I talked to a Boost rep. Told me to file an insurance claim. Well that won't work because it has a 1 year mfg warranty. Is anyone getting help?????