ZTE Max XL gets text messages multiple times

Go to solution

ZTE Max XL gets text messages multiple times

I don't know what's going on, but when someone sends me a text, I get it like 15 - 20 times. It's annoying and very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: ZTE Max XL gets text messages multiple times

Since changing over to a Motorola G5s+ I haven't received a single multiple text. ZTE is the problem. They have no need or desire to remedy the condition.

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217
Agent

Hello teambale2011,  Send us a private message so we can look into this for you.

Groupie

Same issue here. Waking me out of my sleep
Groupie

Please share the fix for this. I have this same issue EVERY day
Agent

Hey teambale2011! Please try the following steps and let us know if you get any change:

Step 1:From the home screen, tap Phone.

Step 2: Dial ##72786#. (Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.)

Step 3:Once the activation is complete, tap OK.

Step 4:Once the PRL is updated, tap OK.

Step 5:Tap OK to restart the device.

Groupie

I've tried this zeds it didn't change anything. I'm still getting 20 or more of the same message
Agent

Hi there, @jeremyh1992! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address?

~Nosh_CxUx

Groupie

Sent.
Groupie

Has any fix been found for this. I'm missing texts and sometimes getting multiple texts. And my phone freezes up randomly. If there is a fix for this please let me know!
Agent

Hello nicnac30, please click here for some troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue. Let us know if you have any other questions.