ZTE Max XL error 104

Re: ZTE Max XL error 104

I'm getting same error on one number only. But I can text her in a group text just fine. Just not her number directly. And she can text me.

I've updated my profile as another person suggested. I've deleted the texts and tried to start a new text with no luck. It's a coworker and imperative that i can text her. It just happened out of the blue 2 days ago.

I started getting this error 104 2 days ago for ONE person. She can text me but I can't text her. BUT if she's in a group text it will send.

I have updated profile. Restarted phone. Deleted text and started new one. Nothing!

I had some problem, I deleted the messages, deleted the contact, remade a new contact and it fixed it.

I have had same problem for weeks, I deleted my texts with that contact, deleted that contact out of my contacts and made a new contact for her and it works.
Highlighted
Accomplice

The answer is so simple. Why do you have to resolve the issue in a private message when there's more people experiencing the same issue?
Accomplice

Yeah that doesn't work, it was the first thing I tried. It appears to be occurring after transferring contacts to a new device. Deleting the contact information of whom the text messages won't go through to and creating a new contact for that person, or adding a 1 in front of the phone number seem to be solutions for the problem.
Accomplice

Just to reiterate, this glitch and error still happens. It has not been fixed on a carrier or manufacturer level (which unfortunately seems like the norm).

The temporary "fix" is to edit the number of the contact by adding a "1" in front of the phone number. This worked for me for a few days, and then I got another error (maybe "error 3") which was doing the exact same thing (i.e., I couldn't text a particular number). I then edited the phone number again, this time removing the "1" from in front of the number. I was again, able to text that number. So, it may be a case of having to repeat adding and removing the "1" until the issue is resolved (if it ever truly is).

Like with the multiple text issue, it doesn't seem like a concern for Boost Mobile or ZTE. Frustrating!

Accomplice

Just to reiterate, this glitch and error still happens. It has not been fixed on a carrier or manufacturer level (which unfortunately seems like the norm).

The temporary "fix" is to edit the number of the contact by adding a "1" in front of the phone number. This worked for me for a few days, and then I got another error (maybe "error 3") which was doing the exact same thing (i.e., I couldn't text a particular number). I then edited the phone number again, this time removing the "1" from in front of the number. I was again, able to text that number. So, it may be a case of having to alternate between adding and removing the "1" until the issue is resolved (if it ever truly is).

Like with the multiple text issue, it doesn't seem like a concern for Boost Mobile or ZTE. Frustrating!

Agent

Hey there @maximuslyricus We're aware of this issue, and working to resolve this as soon as possible.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

I also have the same problem......HELP