ZTE Max XL Unlock

Highlighted

ZTE Max XL Unlock

Hi, I live in Alaska and I have a Boost Mobile ZTE Max XL that was given to me by a co-worker shortly before he left the state.  He already owned it before he moved up here and when he arrived he switched to AT&T and got a new phone.  He has since moved back home and I've lost contact with him.  So my question is, since there is no Boost Mobile locations in Alaska, can this phone be unlocked somehow?  I've checked with my carrier (AT&T) and they told me that the device is compatible on their network if I was able to have it unlocked.  I know most phones will prompt you for an unlock code once you insert a sim card from a different carrier but when I tried that with this phone that does not happen.  I only get a notification telling me "Invalid sim".  I've read the Boost Mobile support information about unlock requirements and I'm honestly not sure if this phone meets them.  I do not know if he had the phone 12 months or not etc.  So I'm just wondering how to know if this phone meets the unlock requirements under my special circumstances, and if so, how do I go about making it happen?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ZTE Max XL Unlock

I understand your concern, Jakers_AK. Let’s get this all straightened out for you. In order to get the device unlocked you will need the last phone number and PIN linked to this device. 

Re: ZTE Max XL Unlock

Like i said, i don't have any of that information. I'm not the original owner and don't know how to get in contact with him since he has moved away. I understand if it's not possible, I just thought I'd give it a shot and possibly save myself some $ from not having to buy a new device.