ZTE Max XL Out of Memory

Highlighted
Groupie

ZTE Max XL Out of Memory

ZTE Max XL out of memory despite having a 64GB micro sd card formatted and installed correctly. Same thing on my Fiance's ZTE Max XL. I cannot update my apps because of this. Why isn't the phone automatically using the extra space available? How can I remedy this?

3 REPLIES
Agent

Re: ZTE Max XL Out of Memory

Hi there jester7707. Lets reformat the SD card again and follow these steps:

From home, tap Apps all apps icon > Settings settings app icon

1. Tap Storage.
  2. Tap the SD card name below Portable storage.
  3. Tap Format as internal, and then tap Erase & format to confirm.
  4. The phone will prompt you to move your photos, files and other data from the phone storage to the SD card. Tap Move nowt. Follow the onscreen instructions to continue.  If you move files and data to the SD card now, it will be used from then on to save new apps data and personal data such as photos and videos.
  5. Tap Done

Let me know how that worked out for both of you. 

Groupie

Unfortunately didn't work. 30714409_10155487291893589_2580528304054337536_n.png

Agent

I see, but you already move apps to the SD card manually? There is another thing you must do and that is setting your camera storage location. Go to your camera settings and at the very top it should says Saving location or something similar.  If you tap that .. you can change it from Phone to SD card.. you will have too play with it and see if it will record video to it. Also, make sure that the default setting is set for SD Card. Go to Settings, Tap Storage, under that menu tap Storage. You should see default location for new data, such as files downloaded, photos captured, and voice recorded. Lastly, you will need to clear cache on all apps to free some space. Go to settings, Apps, swipe left to All Tab and select the apps to clear cache. This will liberate space as well.