ZTE MAX XL brick in 2 days

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: ZTE MAX XL brick in 2 days

My account infomation are no longer private with boost mobile when you failed to fix the issue I had on day two when I told boost mobile about the phone issue. If you want to know store that didnt help me? Its Boost Mobile HQ. They are the cause of me buy a serivce and given me a brick phone that I can't use. This is the 21st century, I own a cell phone not a home phone. I don't jave a 2nd phone number. You think $3 an hour plus tip is a lot of money for me to get a 2 line and phone?
Agent

AngryGuest,  we would like to work on a possible solution,but unfortunately, due to security reason we are not able to discuss information relating to your account in public.  We ask that you please send us a private message so we can assist you?

Accomplice

So you want me to PM and give me the same spiel like everyone else did when this happen when I first charge my phone? Once your phone has a logo you fully take full responsibility of what happen to the phone. You except me to go out and find or ship my phone out to ZTE which doen't even exist in Houston? If the phone is locked to your network I blame you for not fixing the matter and start telling all these BS.  9 days without any phone and still charge me for 9 !@#$% days plus $57 paid cash!!!! NOT a single one of you gave me a confirmation number about the issue I had. 

I don't care about my personal information anymore!!! I got screwed over by too many people since Hurricane Harvey. They can take my life if they want. I wouldn't care less. 

Phone call "let me transfer you to our insurance"

Phone "Let me transfer you directly to ZTE"

Retail "You have to take it ZTE since you don't have insurance for the phone and its past 7 days"

Boost Mobile site "We recommend you to contact your phone manufacturer ZTE at 877-817-1759 since they can best handle this type of issues with the phone hardware."

Facebook ".... You can either contact the insurance customer care center 844-534-3099 by dialing , or the warranty number at 1-877-817-1759...."

Email "..... If 7 days has passed, you may contact your handset 
manufacturer ZTE for handset concerns. Boost devices are covered by 
warranty up to a year. You may reach ZTE  at 1-877-817-1759. ZTE agents 
will help determine if the phone is eligible for a warranty repair, if 
not,  the customer will be required to pay all parts, shipping, and 
labor charges for the repair or return of the phone. ....

Accomplice

Just like that get ignored and taken my money. I only used it for 2 days and no help from no one. Not a single person. Telling me calling people when I dont even have a phone. 

Accomplice

To everyone who is reading this, 2 decades ago phone weren't lock to any network and you were able to use any phone you choose. Also you get to choose your provider. So if their was something wrong with your phone you had to take it you the phone company that built it. When you have a lock phone this changes everything. It mean that the company like boost mobile take full action if anything wrong with your phone.

Agent

Hey. We have replied to your Private Message. Please check it out. 

Enthusiast

I had no service for 3 days and no one could help after multiple calls to customer service. I only had the ZTE Max 2 months. No damage. It wouldn't call or receive calls suddenly. I need my phone for emergency contacts with patients at my job-my 77 year old mother -and boyfriend in jail! Talk about stressful. So I went to the Boost store and was told it was boost upgrade service that did not match the phone. They would not give me a new phone or a discount I had to pay $160 to replace the phone. Ridiculous there is nothing wrong with the phone it's something wrong with your service communicating with the phone. Please refund my money. This is not fair. Like I said I needed the phone I did not have time to shop around with so many people depending on communicating with me
Accomplice

Good luck get any help from them. They won't help you even if you tried. They are nothing more than a resale store not an official store. Their service are from sprint and they trying to tell sprint to merge to T-mobile because they know if they didn't their business why go down. 

Enthusiast

Mine didn't brick but I was unable to get or make calls or text messages. Between Boost and ZTE absolutely worthless. I was able to fix it myself after a little digging. 5 days of aggravating phone calls and visits to the stores, one store the people who work there are all about the money. I will never go back to the store again. I should have learned my lesson when I walked out when I was just switching over to boost, but I found a friendly store and got my phone and service from that store. Phone support was not a good experience either, not doing their job and dropping the ball throughout this whole time. So to sum it up I paid for service I didn't receive because it was handled poorly. I learned my lesson, but I will share my solution with the people at the store where they at least cared about me and my problem.
Enthusiast

Well my fix only lasted a few days. Back to the aggravating calling boost and nothing resolved, switched to agent after agent. Tech support sending me a new sim card that is not compatible with my phone and on and on and on and on. Paying for service I can't use. Worst decision I ever made changing to boost should have stayed with Straight Talk. Don't recommend to friends and family, unless you want to be harassed by them for crappy service. Not to mention they sell equipment they know are defective and will not help you resolve it, send you to manufacturer and you have to send the phone in and your still paying for the service and they won't credit you for the downtime. Awful just awful.