ZTE MAX XL Battery & Storage Issues

Highlighted
Accomplice

ZTE MAX XL Battery & Storage Issues

I've had my phone for about 9 months & suddenly the battery will not keep a charge, even when it's plugged in the battery drains. When I went to work this morning at 8am my battery was charged at 100%, I went on break at 11am & my phone was COMPLETELY DEAD. Also, I have a 32GB SD Card installed & I still keep receiving notices that I'm low on storage space when trying to update apps or install new apps. Btw, I clean my cache regularly & soft booting doesn't help either.
13 REPLIES 13
Accomplice

Re: ZTE MAX XL Battery & Storage Issues

If it was my phone I would do a factory reset to try to rule out some software issue that might be draining it. Next would be a warranty claim.
Agent

Hi Reesah! You should consider the possibility of a bad battery. About the internal storage issue, keep in mind that your phone does not store system and application data on the SD card. Instead, that all goes to the internal memory storage. If you have used up all of it, you may transfer some of your data on the phone to your external memory. That should help!

EdwinRG.

Accomplice

When you say to transfer some of my data to my SD Card,, what data is transferable? My pictures, music & documents are on the SD Card.
Agent

You can transfer some Apps as well @Reesah.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

@Joy1713, Could you tell me how to try transferring apps, that may work?
I've tried using the App2SD feature in the All-In-One Toolbox, but when I check to see what apps were transferred, there's no apps shown.

TIA
Agent

Hi there Reesah. Not all aaplications are able to be transferred. You would need to go to your "All app/app manager Icon" and look for the application to be moved. If it is movable, it will provide the option of " Move to SD card" . Victor21

Accomplice

I have 2 ZTE max xl phones and my wife's phone just started not charging she can have it on all day but still does not charge what can we do and need a fix quickly please help

Agent

Hi there TEXWV. Have you tried with a different charger? If not please do to verify if it is the charger or the device. If it is the phone, we would need to verify your warranty status for a replacement or repairs by the manufacturer. Victor21

Accomplice

I purchased the phone new 11/13/17

Product Details: Boost ZTE Max XL New Device KIT (ZTE956*****) 
Quantity: 1 
SKU: ZTE9560*** 

My wife is driving me crazy I need help what should I do I tried a new charger and a new cord still does not charge very well. How do it get a replacement?