ZTE Hotspot won't connect?

Groupie

ZTE Hotspot won't connect?

Hello! I recently bought a ZTE Hotspot and a $50 10GB plan to go with it, brought it home and everything worked fine. Then the next day I turn on my computer and it connects to the hotspot but then it takes me to another page, kind of like when you sign into McDonald's Wifi and they make you accept terms? But instead it asks me to login to my Boost account, I put in my number and 4 digit pin. And no matter WHAT, it always comes up with the same error "Sorry something went wrong, Please try again later" I didn't have the hotspot for no more than a day so I couldn't have already run out of my data? So I hopped onto another WiFi, logged into my Boost account, and everything is fine? I've reset the device multiple times, tried connecting other devices to it and nothing, PLEASE HELP BEFORE I RETURN THIS 

9 REPLIES 9
Groupie

Re: ZTE Hotspot won't connect?

did this ever get fixed?

Agent

Hello, ugetdeltwit! We're here to help! Are you experiencing the same issues? If so, please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to review this.

Groupie

Hey mine does the same thing
Agent

Hi Kidd8181!

What's wrong with your hotspot device, exactly? Does the Computer recognize the hotspot? Or, it is just unable to connect via Wi-Fi (WLAN)? Does it show 3G or 4G connection available?

EdwinRG

Accomplice

I suggest you try the following:
1. Please use the mobile phone within the coverage of the WLAN (WIFI) signal;
2. Please check if the WLAN (WIFI) switch is turned on. If it is already open, please try to turn it off and then on again.
3. If you need to enter a password, please confirm that the password is correct;
4. Please turn off the WLAN (WIFI) router, then re-open it and then view it;
5. Please go to “Settings→About Phone→Status Information” to view the WLAN of the phone.
6. If the wireless standards supported by the router and the phone are inconsistent, there may be compatibility, which may result in the phone not being able to connect to the network.

Accomplice

Por favor ayuda

Mi nombre es Javier Cuervo; tengo una línea pre pago número 5093053785 número pin 1008 me encuentro en Colombia y al momento de ir a un operador de telefonía me indican que ustedes me tiene bloqueado mi teléfono y que me lo deben desbloquear para poderlo activar, yo no compré mi teléfono a ustedes yo lo compré en Bestbuy un iPhone X, por favor ahora estoy en el exterior me ayudan a solucionar el problema; gracias
Agent

Re: Por favor ayuda

Hola, @Javiercuervo. Por favor, envíenos un mensaje privado para poder asistirle.

Highlighted
Groupie

Seriously? I build my own computers for high end gaming. I use custom firmware on my routers to extend the wifi coverage distance and tweak settings for optimum connectivity for minimum lag and better fps while FPS gaming. You need to express these basic trouble shooting talking points to kinder-care. The problem i had was throttling from a tower Boost piggybacks on and their customers get second tier priority. Once I made an effort to express my lack of service on their borrowed towers my service on them became worst than ever. I then bought a pay as you go wifi hotpot and received fair connectivity. I called Boost to inform them that using the same service on the same towers as my phone used to be told these very steps again and again. Was asked about my wifi hotspot and it's info. I should have never gave them that info. Next day this device lost it's connectivity and became as useless as my phone was for tethering. I no longer will pay for or  will i suggest Boost for data and/or tethering and steaming as they promote. Boost is good for phone service and txt only in my situation.

Agent

Sorry to hear that @ugetdeltwit. Can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?