Won't turn on

Won't turn on

I bought my daughter a ZTE phone for her 13th birthday in April and, up until yesterday, I was jealous of it, cuz it kept a charge better than mine and had more space than mine. Anyway, my daughter put it on the charger yesterday and went to school like everyday, and when she came home she turned her phone on, but it wouldn't go past the screen with the orange boost symbol, you know the one that shows for a minute when you first power up... well that's as far as hers turns on and she is so upset about it cuz she doesn't live with me and that's the only way she can feel close to me when we're apart. Can someone tell me what I can do, is it an easy fix?
11 REPLIES 11
Agent

Re: Won't turn on

Hi there, @appledumplin356. We're really sorry to hear about this. We have replied to your other post. Please check so we can further assist you.

Accomplice

My daughter ZTE Max x did the something Thursday also and it still want come on.. It's now Sunday can anyone help me please?
Agent

Hi there, Brandywine33! Sorry to hear about your phone. Does the phone show any reaction if you plug in the charger? 

Accomplice

No reaction at all.. When I hold down the power button the phone which is the max xl, restarts but then stays on the boost logo 4G LTE nationwide screen. It's not showing the phone charging or anything else..
Agent

Have you made any changes to the software of the device (root, flash, update, etc..)? 

Accomplice

No I haven't... Is there anything I can do to make the phone come back on or do I need to just throw the phone away and cancel with boost and go back to at&t? I've never had this problem with them.. I've have consistent problems since switching to boost. This is our only way to communicate when I'm working, we really need our phones to be reliable.
Agent

In that case you can perform a hard reset to have the phone reset to factory defaults. This will delete everything from the phone and you will need the Google account that you used when you first turned it on to access it, but is currently the only method to have it turn on. You can find instructions for the ZTE Max XL here

Accomplice

Thank you.. I'll try that right now
Agent

Let us know how it goes!