Method: Available Over the Air  
Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Software update includes performance improvement and new software enhancements

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Accomplice

Do you know if they are gonna fix the yourtube black out screen problem?

Highlighted
Community Manager

It's a new device and I'm not finding the issue listed as one common for this particular model.  I do see some info for the Z Max and the Pro.

Do you have the Max XL and this issue?  If so I can look into it but need a little more information: does this happen any time you watch a YouTube video?  is it resolved through a restart or other minor troubleshooting?

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Accomplice

It doesn't happen often but when I watch YouTube it blacks out and the only way to fix it is to close the app and try again. It's annoying. But yeah other people that I've seen on youtube reviews on the XL have the Same problem. I thought I was the only one. But I guess not.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the detail, @Jakeache23.  There's no mention of a fix for this issue in the update.  I'll work back with the device team to see if it's on their radar and if they need anymore information.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Accomplice

Here's a YouTube review on the max XL where someone mentions the annoying black screen problem that I have as well on YouTube. https://youtu.be/USEWawGNfWI
Highlighted
Groupie

I just bought my ZTE Max class on June 1st with boost17 promo my ZTE Max class YouTube blacks out on 720p60fps 1080p and 1080p60fps but basic 720p and lower seems fine so far and I have the new update btw

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.  I've reported this to our device folks who will investigate and work back with ZTE if necessary.  Hopefully, they'll find and correct the problem quickly.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the problem too. It only happens when watching hd video on YouTube. My device is at the manufacturer now. It's been a week so far and I'm still waiting to hear something.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Well I got my device back from ZTE today, and the same thing happened only this time faster. That means we're stuck with this problem! It really sucks that I can't watch YouTube in HD!