Invalid sim

Groupie

Invalid sim

Hello,im in Ghana and bought a ZTE N9560 from a second hand store. He told me it was locked and said it can be unlocked so I bought it. I inserted my sim into the phone later and it says "invalid sim" and nothing I've done as solved it. I really need your help to use this phone cos there's no return policy here in Ghana. Please help me fix it.
8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Invalid sim

Hi, Derrickaddo! We’d be happy to help. To unlock a cellphone, it has to be activated at least 12 months, and it cannot be reported lost/stolen. Also, the device must be powered on and in Sprint coverage with the original SIM card inserted to request the unlock.

Groupie

So what you're basically saying is that I cannot use the phone here cos all the requirements you're spelling out is impossible here. If there's any other way you can help me unlock this phone while I'm here in Ghana, please do.

Hey there, Derrickaddo! If your device does not comply with the requirements necessary it will not be possible for us to unlock it.

Groupie

Ok but don't you have any provision for a seemingly emergency or exceptional case like mine. Like since requirements for unlock are unavailable unless I just dispose of the phone
Agent

Unfortunately, no.

Groupie

So I did a little bit googling and found out this phone cannot be totally unlocked for other carriers. Almost all third party unlock sittes state categorically that this phone cannot be unlocked. Apparently it's not meant to support any kind of GSM network. You could have just told me this from the beginning when I asked so I can just dump this phone in a bin somewhere. It's useless here.
Accomplice

Hello, not to but into your rant here but i have a n9065 ZTE MAX XL just like you and i unlocked mine. Sorry to say un front of boost personal lol but yes it has been jail broke and i can use it on other network of my choice. Also, u cannot JB it with the puk number etc it has to be done with a program and the os will be changed proberly. Just wanted to let ya know it can be done. Final note tho, i am in the USA so that may make a difference as well.
Groupie

Agreed...It is necessary for the device to comply with the requirements..If it does not then it is not possible even for the support centre to unlock it