How do I do a temporary transfer of working phone number to non-activated phone of same type?

Highlighted
Groupie

How do I do a temporary transfer of working phone number to non-activated phone of same type?

I thought this would be a "simple fix": my working, activated phone has gone walkabouts.  I have spent HOURS on different live chats with various tech people.  I have gotten NOWHERE.  The last person I "spoke" to told me to text her.  I asked her how I was supposed to do that, when I had no phone?  Her response was, "Oh -- go to the Boost Community: I'm only a third party assist."

Okay, so HOW DO I DO THIS???????

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear about this, BurbankGal. We want to help. You can transfer your services to a new phone on our website https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in.html?INTNAV=UtilNav:SignIn by Sign In with your phone number and PIN. Please follow the below steps and provide us an update. 

1.After logging into My Boost, scroll down to the My Device section and click on Swap Device. 
2.Enter the device information (ESN, IMEI, or MEID)
3.After the device information is entered twice, select Next and follow the prompts.
4.A success screen will appear. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Roy, you and I had a looooong Chat Session already.

* My phone number is not recognized/in your database.

* ZTE assigned me a pin longer than 6 digits.

* The device information for the phone on hand gets me error messages, like, "Did you enter the number correctly?  Make sure you enter the number correctly!"

To re-state: my currently ACTIVATED ZTE phone, with a Virgin/T-Mobile contract, is MISSING = I cannot access any info on that phone, nor can I TEXT from that phone (as requested by a Boost person during my FB Message session with her).

Highlighted
Agent

We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I was all over the place with this problem.  I still don't know or understand what co.'s have been merged and/or it I am "covered" (?) with Boost, since I apparently have an account with you guys.

Anyhow, I was able to get the phone number transfer via my "carrier", which is Assurance, even tho when my phone re-boots, I get a splash screen with a Virgin logo...