Go to solution
Groupie

Error code 104 on ZTE Max xl

i cannot send txt it says error code 104. HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Error code 104 on ZTE Max xl

UPDATE! I ended up continuing to search the issue. I read that adding the prefix 1 on the number fixed the issue. It worked!!
10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Hi there, @Twon1110! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you.

Can you please do the following process? This process doesn't erase any information on the phone.

- Turn off the Wi-Fi
- Turn on mobile data (Located under data usage or mobile networks).
- Go to the dialer.
- Dial ##72786# (don’t press call).
- Then the phone will restart.
- Unlock the screen when is back on.
- Wait a minute or two, a message will display on the screen saying that the service is updating.
- Allow the process to finish.
- It may or may not restart again in 20 seconds.

Please, keep us updated with the results. Thanks.

Groupie

I'm having the same issue with my stylo 3 an I tried what you suggested an it's still not sending my message
Agent

Hi there, @ISFP_leo! We’d be happy to help. Does it happen at a specific location or everywhere? Does the message include any picture or emoji? Does it occur with any number?

Accomplice

I have the same issue and attempted the ##72786# thing and it is still giving me that code. This has only been happening with one phone number specifically. I've also been losing signal when I leave my house. I regain LTE a few blocks away.
Accomplice

UPDATE! I ended up continuing to search the issue. I read that adding the prefix 1 on the number fixed the issue. It worked!!

Good morning, Luhmybrains! Thanks for sharing that useful information with the Community!

Keep up the good work!

Hozuki_Robert

Groupie

Did what said and still can't send text to another boost mobile carrier

Groupie

did what was suggested up above and it didn't fix problem

Groupie

if this is a duplicate reply I apologize but need to let you know that did what says up above and didn't help fix the problem with my ZTE Max xl phone