Can't download pics from web ZTE MA xl

Go to solution
Accomplice

Can't download pics from web ZTE MA xl

Tonight I tried to download a diagram from the web to send a friend. What happens is the web crashes. Restart web and it goes back to the same page. Sometimes after multiple tries it will save pic, sometimes not. As I recall it used to work fine but not anymore. Any ideas what I can do. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Can't download pics from web ZTE MA xl

JohnJ7 I just tried and the same thing is still happening. I've no idea what it could be. But I'm determined to find an answer. I hope.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Hey there, @eddie56! We're sorry to hear that. Just to confirm, does this happens when trying to download the picture from an specific website? Several things can happen that may cause this error. The first possible way to fix that, is using a different browser, you just need to download a new one and give it a try. Also, you can try to uninstall the browser and re-install it again.

Accomplice

I tried a different browser, didn't work. I tried uninstall chrome and reinstall, didn't work. Can't really remember but I think it once worked fine.
Agent

If that's the case, please try to clear your browser's data & cookies, @eddie56. This may allow you to fix the issue. In order to do so, please follow this instructions:

1. On your phone open the Chrome app.
2. At the top right, tap More.
3. Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
6. Tap Clear data.

After you clear cache and cookies:

• Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
• Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
• If you're signed into Chrome, you'll stay signed in on Google's websites, like google.com and youtube.com.

Accomplice

Sorry to say I tried that to with no luck. However I will try again.
Agent

Just to confirm, @eddie56  does this happens when trying to download the picture from an specific website? Also, if your phone doesn't have enough memory, it might have issues when trying to download the picture. 

Accomplice

Anytime I try to download it happens. I even tried a new SD card with no luck. I think it happened after an update but can't remember for sure. And I have lots of memory left for pics and such.
Accomplice

Problem solved. Went to apps looked at gallery app and "draw over other apps" was turned on. Turned it off and works fine now. Not sure how it got turned on but all is well now. Thanks for your time and advice.
Accomplice

Wow that was a short lived fix. Tried it 5-6 times worked fine. Just tried again and chrome crashed. What to do next I'm not sure.
Agent

Please follow these steps to reprogram the phone: 

-Go to settings and make sure that the Wi-Fi is OFF and the Mobile data ON.
-Dial ##72786#.
-Phone will turn off, then back on.
-Preparing Network will appear briefly at the top of the screen. Hands Free Activation displays.
- A confirmation message appears after the Hands Free activation is completed
-Checking for "PRL update” message appears.
- The device will reboot.
-The phone will check for firmware update. "No Firmware update is available" will display.

Let us know if this solves the issue you're having.