if I have the unlimited plan will i need a hot spot

Go to solution

if I have the unlimited plan will i need a hot spot

If I have the unlimited monthly package which includes wi-fi, would I need a hot spot for my lap top? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: if I have the unlimited plan will i need a hot spot

Helloamyraye77:

No, you don't need a hot spot unless you need more than 8GB for your laptop because your plan already includes that.

On the unlimited monthy plan you have 8GB of hot spot to share so you can just hook your laptop on to that everymonth.

But, if you need more boost mobile also has a hot spot that come with 10 GB for $50 a month so you can use the phone hotspot witch is 8 GB plus the hotspot device witch is 10GB that would be 18GB.

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless
24 REPLIES

Helloamyraye77:

No, you don't need a hot spot unless you need more than 8GB for your laptop because your plan already includes that.

On the unlimited monthy plan you have 8GB of hot spot to share so you can just hook your laptop on to that everymonth.

But, if you need more boost mobile also has a hot spot that come with 10 GB for $50 a month so you can use the phone hotspot witch is 8 GB plus the hotspot device witch is 10GB that would be 18GB.

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
If I have answered your question, please be sure to mark as Accepted Solution or give it a Kudos if you like the response Robot Happy
Thank you - god bless

Thank you!

Will you get a warning when you are almost out of the 8 GB so you don't end up racking up a bunch of additional charges?

Hello jenmikayla:

Well from my understanding once you get to 8GB it stops you won't have anymore hotspot till after you pay your bill for the next month. I have used my 8GB hotspot for my children and i have noticed that the data would slow down be for i get to the 8GB but it does not give me a warning message.

Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless
Accomplice ard
Accomplice

FYI - If you do decide to get the hotspot with a data plan, keep a close eye on your data usage on your account page. Mine jumps up exactly 100 MB  over and over again, even just after looking at a few text only web pages. Contaccted Boost repeatdely, but never was resolved. I mean 100 MB precisely, not 98 or 79 MB - 100 MB each time, which you can imagine runs through very fast. 

Groupie

My hot spot Diane work I do paid 83 $it's tolling me my hotspot finish how its that when I got unlimited data I should revisit robust my service in my tv

Hello nelida 😊

I would love to help you as best as I can but can you please elaborate a little more on what you're trying to indicate.
Now from my understanding you said you pay 83 so I'm assuming you are on a family plan which is 80 unlimited talk text data and 8 GB of hotspot if you're using your mobile hotspot it's not unlimited it only provides you with 8 GB and I will be honest if you use it for Xbox or a lot of movie streaming it goes pretty quickly maybe a week or less depends on the usage .
Ladyequinoxx
Customer Service Rep
Wireless Ally
Thank you - god bless
Groupie

I currently have the unlimited plan and a phone that is hot spot capable..But it won't let me access it... Says to call customer service.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello Highlevel! We apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you. Allow us the opportunity to help. Can you please, send us a private message with your phone number and pin code that way we can further assist. ^Paola P.

Groupie

Hello there, can I turn on the host pot? I do have unlimited plan. Please can someone please help me with this