New SIM for ZTE Hotspot

Highlighted

New SIM for ZTE Hotspot

I bought the hotspot last year because our family travels and Wifi can be spotty and not private.  We liked that we can buy the data plan when needed and not pay when we do not need it.  So, now we need after three months of inactivity.  First off, I tried changing the plan from $50 to $25 onlline.  My account said it took but actually did not.  So, I go to pay $25 online and Boost says it did not go through.  So, I tried again (stupidly without checking my bank account first).  So now Boost has two $25 credits and the plan did not change.  So, a phone call to Boost.  They changed the plan, confirmed there are 2 $25 credits and charge for one month (so $25 balance expires 3/26).  The hotspot shows "No Service".  After repeated tries with Boost on the line: reset, take out sim, clean the sim, read off Serial No. for device and Sim, send a signal, turn the device on/off.  Nothing worked.  So, I'm told to call ZTE.  They threw it back to Boost and "you may want to go to the store for a new Sim card."  So, I go to the store.  With Boost on the phone, we tried everything again.  No Go !!   and no new Sim card.  I must call Boost Mobile.  So, I call Boost again, and I'm connected with Tech Support.  They will send out a new Sim Card.  I am told DO NOT SWAP the device because I will lose my money.  Sooooooo, today I have a new Sim card but how do I update my information on my Boost Account (online) with the new Sim card serial no.?????  Why couldn't tech support just put the new serial no. for the Sim card on my acccount???  Help.   Arrrgggg.