My hotspot device is not connecting to the internet

Groupie

My hotspot device is not connecting to the internet

My devices are connecting to my hotspot device but will not connect to the internet. Keeps telling me to sign into network. I still have plenty of data left on my plan. I've done just about everything on the troubleshoot page and nothing is working. I am currently trying to update dada profile but all it has said for the last hour is "contacting network..."!! I even did the renew device but still nothing is working. Please help!!
166 REPLIES 166
Groupie
Groupie

message sent
Agent

Thank you @NB1. We will reply shortly. 

Enthusiast

Received my cool pad surf yesterday, and right out of the box I had trouble activating the device. The website didn’t recognize that I paid for a plan and continued to ask me to pay again to complete activation, but the people at boost were able to clear that up. What they weren’t able to fix is device’s inability to connect to the network. I’ve tried connecting a laptop, an iPhone, and a PS4. The ps4 gave the first clue with DNS errors that mean no network connectivity. I then connected to the coolpad surf with my laptop and still no internet. Pulled up the device home page at 192.168.128.1 to see if there may be some sort of settings issue. Settings are fine, but I noticed when the device is turned off and back on, there is a 30 second to a minute window of network connectivity then the device disconnects and usually but not always an error code 33 pops up instructing me to contact coolpad support. I also saw and error code 69 and 210. I’ve done a hard reset and a network reset, and Boost confirmed that I am in a network coverage area and that everything is fine on their end. My suspicion, looking at the programming and system logs of the device, is that this is a programming issue, and Boost will continue to have failing devices until a firmware update is pushed. This being a new device makes me feel as though I’m paying to be a beta tester for boost and coolpad.
Agent

Hello there, so sorry to hear that. Can you please provide us your number and PIN through a private message so we can assist you?

Enthusiast

When I turn on my mobile hotspot and then connect other devices it connects but says there is no internet access.
Enthusiast

I am having the same issue. Please help

Sorry to hear that, Eleanor6794. How about we take a closer look at this? Please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN number.