Hotspot used by on phone apps

Groupie

Hotspot used by on phone apps

I was gone for a month.. Lost my warp 7, bought a galaxy j7 perx. It was setup by the store; i left and paid my $50 for the unlimited plan i had and the apps are using my 8gb of hotspot data as if they were on a separate device... I called in and I guess my data connection. Was wrong some how and needed to be switched so it was on the unlimited network.. my plan was reset and got a full 8gb again and I've been watching movies and podcast for real estate and trying to fix this issue.. I'm about to root my phone and rip into the programs to see why and HOW their using the hotspot when they are on the same device the hotspot is on.... waiting to call customer serice again to get my service reset again.. I reset my network setting and that needs to be redone again too now.... aaahahahhaahah.... could my connection for access point not supposed to be on apn2 lte internet or the other setting not supposed to be automatic and instead need to be on lte/cdma?? I dont understand this **bleep**.. how the **bleep** is my hotspot being used by its own device apps?????!!! Friggin  dude tried convincing me octa core ment I had 8 2.2ghz processor power totalling 8.8ghz processor power in the phone.. do they all try and scam people or are did this guy just not know what he was talking about?

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Hotspot used by on phone apps

Hi there, @Magicmike! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us Private Message and provide us with your phone number and PIN.

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

Highlighted
Groupie

Ok
Agent

@Magicmike: Thanks! We have replied to your PM. 

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Have exact same issue , one of the apps are any torrent related app, using hot spot data , almost haven't been using hot spot neither this nor last month and data already eclipsed 18gb out of 20.
U guys need to fix it asap
Enthusiast

Have exact same issue , one of the apps are any torrent related app, using hot spot data , almost haven't been using hot spot neither this nor last month and data already eclipsed 18gb out of 20.
U guys need to fix it asap.
Also I used to have 8gb plan and after running out of hot spot data it was just slowing down. But now it complicated shuttes off. Why?
Enthusiast

Look at the respond of " captain obvious" who is also agent for boost Mobile :
Unfortunately, based on our system you've used 17627.42 (MB). Your Mobile Hotspot allotment, will get renewed on 06/03/2018.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences this might cause you

Without even word why they charge my hot spot data when I used only "flud" app without even turning the hotspot on.
Best service ever.
Btwif they won't fix my hotspot data before my bill renewal, that would be my last month with boost.
Enthusiast

This is because on the 8 gig plan the hotspot came right of your data plan and was just included in service . they know you'll use a lot more data on hotspot so they let you have at it. So you'll purchase more high spread data. When you upgraded to unlimited high speed it no longer made any since to let you have free use of the hotspot. Now they put a limit on it so you'll but more hotshot data
Enthusiast

And I'm going through the same issue. With the apps using hotspot data and the agents just keep saying that's not possible