Hotspot data gone in two days but not by using hotspot, but by using flud app

Accomplice

Hotspot data gone in two days but not by using hotspot, but by using flud app

Well, two months ago I had a 50$ plan with 8 gb hotspot. My hotspot data for some reason has been killed without actually using hotspot but by downloading business related Files over Flud app, I thought that was weird ,but I decided not to escalate the issue instead following months I changed to 60$ plan with 20gb hotspot. This time I had a chance of using some of the hotspot even though it runned out quick, but after it runned out , I still had ability to use flud app for my buisness purposes. After getting disappointed with 60$ plan I decided to go back this month to my original 50$ plan with 8 gb of data. So after paying bill , next day I received text that i used 85% of my hotspot data, I was shocked because j haven't even started using it, and the only app I used was the FLUD ( torrent) app, So I was thinking to leave the boost and change the network. But after reading user agreement I realized that what the boost doing by misleading customers with their plan information is illegal and could be well rewarded in court ( everybody remembers att and Verizon payout after illegal throttling unlimited data)
Anyways if it accidentally maded mistake and hasn't been made on purpose , im gonna wait 10 days( reasonable time) to let the boost fix it. If they won't fix im already preparing to take then to Court . please feel free to message me about updates over this issue .
Now we will wait for boost Mobile response.
See more topics labeled with:
12 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Hotspot data gone in two days but not by using hotspot, but by using flud app

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We definitely value your feedback & want to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. 

Enthusiast

Re: Hotspot data gone in two days but not by using hotspot, but by using flud app

Hello I just upgraded to the unlimited plus plan and iam experiencing a issue similar.I have yet been able to utilize the hotspot on my phone.I have escalated the issue twice and the representative doesnt even bother to explain to me how the hotspot was used.I never tiened it on!!I feel i have paid and not received any of the service.I even went into the store and was told they couldnt help me!This is ridiculous !Please can someone assist.

Agent

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Cattye. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number so we can get down to the bottom of this?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Groupie

I have had the same issue and am using the flud app... could anyone please tell me if they found a solution?
Please NO responses from boost asking for a personal message. You all should have an answer for all to see.
Groupie

I have had the same issue and am using the flud app... could anyone please tell me if they found a solution?
Please NO responses from boost asking for a personal message. You all should have an answer for all to see.
Agent

Hi, @760t1988. So sorry about the trouble. In order to escalate this type of issues, we need to authenticate your account, and it can only be done if you send us a private message. 

The same thing just happened to me. Did you ever find a solution?
Accomplice

Yeah ! Changed network. Were hotspot is data is a hotspot data. Not any internet apps Data like boost counts.
Groupie

Hello all. I too have had the same issue. I went from the $50 plan to the $60 plan and my Hotspot was gone in less than a day. I didnt even have a way to use my hotspot, until recently (laptop).  If i have unlimited regular service, at a certain limit my connection should drop from a 4G to a 3G connection. Still not bad right?

So how do you explain STEALING the money from consumers that aren't even needing the Hotspot feature? Sucking up thier use of bandwidth and forcing them to wait another month to be able to even begin to use their service of the Hotspot feature.

I have now been tethering to my laptop, so I can share the connection. But I cant seem to get my Open Source torrents to download. I would like to update my Linux and my Gimp programs, but the torrent feature is blocked somehow or maybe I'm not getting it right?

Is there a certain port to use?

Certainly not too impressed with theft of my service, but I suppose as I long as I can tether...