Don't buy the $50 for 50gb hotspot, it's crap

Highlighted

Don't buy the $50 for 50gb hotspot, it's crap

I got it in the mail because none of the Boost stores within 50 miles had it. Took it to a Boost store to have it set up. I live squarely in the darkest orange in their coverage map. It is not 4g, like they claim. After over an hour on the tech line, it is 4g once in while. I tried to download a 1 hour episode of series on Netflix. After 3 hours it downloaded 14% and then stopped. Any video I stream is very poor quality. Whenever anyone moves on the screen, the pixels around them move. It is not HD even though I've set my tv for HD only. Now I have to return it by mail, because the store says it can't refund me. I suppose I will not get my $50 back for the time, which I cannot use.  Don't buy this. They lie about their coverage and it's slower than downlaod.

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: Don't buy the $50 for 50gb hotspot, it's crap

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, Kevan. Please private message us so we can investigate. 

Re: Don't buy the $50 for 50gb hotspot, it's crap

No. After 90 mins on the tech line, I have had enough. Also, to return it required another 80 mins. Just to get the address to send it to. Numerous times on hold where music is playing that is an attempt to get you to give it up. Metal music like it's coming out of a  broken speaker.  Just repetitive noise.  I'm returning your device and I'm Yelping the crap  out of you.