Data Tethering subscription?

Highlighted

Data Tethering subscription?

I have the $50/ unlimited plan, and up until 2 days ago my tethering hotspot worked. When i tried to turn it on, i received a notification that i had not subscribed to the data tethering. I've tried searching for the subscription and can't find it. My understanding was that i had 8g of hotspot data, but can't access wherever I'm supposed to look to see what the issue is. My phone is up to date, it upgraded a few day's ago, so that's not the issue. Can a staffer help me understand what the problem is?
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @AtikaSheia! Please private message us & we’ll get this figured out.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I am also having this problem but I am on the $35 a month plan
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Typicalt03! Bear in mind that, on the $35 plan, the hotspot uses the data assigned to your plan. If you use your data usage, the hotspot will stop working.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@MarcosG I just paid my bill today and still have data left it just won't let me activate the hotspot because it says I'm not subscribed
Highlighted
Agent

Understood, If that's the case, let's try to update your network settings:

If your phone is an android, please try the following:

* Go to settings > System Update > Update Profile & PRL (If the device doesn't restart by itself, please restart it yourself.

If iPhone:

1. Tap Phone
2. Tap Keypad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call.
4. When Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK.
5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@MarcosG did the updates and it still does not work
Highlighted
Agent

Understood, @Typicalt03 Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin and full address. In order to send a private message, you just need to click on my name (Or photo) then tap on "Send this user a private message". We'll be waiting for you!

Highlighted
Accomplice

@MarcosG I sent a message
Highlighted
Agent

Thank you. We'll continue assisting you through private.